2.25.2005

Don't say that, people will think you are crazy....

If you not only *think* you saw an unidentified flying object, but admit it, aloud.

One of my father's favorite quotes is, "Better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it."

So, I was watching ABC's special on UFOs last night, and dare I be labeled a fool, but I am one of the more than 45% of Americans that have "seen" an unidentified flying object.

I swear.

I haven't told anybody in years, but I saw it, as did my sister and younger cousin who were with me when it moved in the sky over California back in the summer of 1992. Ask them about it, they may tell you that I AM a tad touched, but will they admit that they saw something? I remember it like it was yesterday. See, what had happened was....

We were going to the movies near Lakewood Mall. I was driving east on Del Amo, my baby cousin was in the back seat, my sister in the passenger. It was evening, so were probably going to like an 9pm show, because it was dark. As we approached Wilmington Ave, we slowed for the red light. Up ahead, in the sky, moving slowly to the right, we saw a large, dark, triangular object with 3 bright lights, floating. It wasn't an airplane, and it didn't appear to make a sound because it seemed too close to not hear an engine. I mean, like the flight path to LAX goes over my folks house so we hear planes flying at higher altitudes all the time. This thing, whatever it was, had no apparent noise. All we could hear when we rolled down the windows was the hum of traffic.

Of course, we were the only folks at the light, going east, but traffic was moving north and south on Wilmington, and I believe cars were stopped going westbound, yet, I don't know who else could corroborate this, but I digress.

This large, dark...thing with lights, moved slowly to the right and seemed to hover briefly above the trees on the right side of the street that shield the rather hideous view of the Shell Oil refinery and railroad tracks and then as the light changed and we drove east, it seemed to just vanish out of sight! I couldn't see it in my rearview mirror, and neither my cousin, nor my sister saw it in the sky, so we thought maybe it crashed?!

But damn, that would be ugly since it was hovering over a refinery -- nothing. We got home, asked our folks, was there anything on the news? Nada.

But there was something large and dark in the sky that night, with bright lights, hovering...and then it just disappeared. I know what I saw...and no, I am NOT crazy!

But just when I thought it was safe to go to sleep....I was suddenly awakened late last night, and as the light from the other room cast a shadow on the person at my door, I just knew the aliens had come to get me....

But I'm not crazy....

[Song of the Day: "Whatever" by Jilly from Philly]

1 comments:

ManNMotion said...

Maybe the aliens are why you are addicted to killing penguins:)