5.22.2004

[[Musing]]...on 17 years without sex

[[Musing]]

Cicadas....

I've soo NOT been looking forward to this horrid lil creatures. But they're here. And I have yet to run into one, imagine that! Well, I've seen a couple dead ones, a wing, and a shell -- excuse me, an EXOSKELETON....I stand corrected!

All I know is that when I open my door in the morning, I HEAR them - LOUDLY singing, so they can mate...get their cicada groove on!

17 years to exit the ground, sprout some wings, get laid and die...what an existence LMAO

I've been crackin' up at some of the weblogs about these things over at cicadamania:
"...Yes, I know. There are millions of huge, ugly bugs invading everyone's yards. Actually I don't think they're ugly but pretty interesting and fascinating to observe. But, my crazy neighbor has some kind of vendetta against these creatures. For the last two nights she has been outside on her front walk smashing every cicada she sees with the flat end of a swiffer broom. The ones she can't get with the swiffer she stomps with her shoe. Oh, did I mention she does this at from about 10:00 PM - 12:00 AM?? I just feel bad for the poor cicadas. They lie in wait 17 years only to emerge and be smashed by the busniess end of a swiffer broom. What a loon..."

"...They're everywhere! It was so much fun as a bratty 10 year old - lighting them on fire...chopping off their heads, throwing at my older sister's friends. I'm all grown up now and quite normal I assure you and I couldn't think of harming one. I keep picking them off the sidewalk so they don't squashed. I mean they've been sitting in the ground for 17 years waiting to get laid and then some drunk carries about and ends that 17 year dream with one drunken smash of his/her foot! Our band plays a show this Thursday and it's very tempting to fill the drummer's bass drum with live Cicadas. The first crack of the kick pedal against the drum head sends them into a paniced frenzy and scores of cicadas pour into the unsuspecting audience! What an opener! -D P.S. ~ The mothership has landed..."

HILARIOUS, I tell ya.

Spring is in the air, cuz it ain't just the bugs a matin'....

Octopi are having EROTIC sex and then they die too, though.

And we all witnessed the pandas inability to to get it on although there was some friskiness observed. I dunno, maybe Pandas prefer the private. Particularly if you are only hot-like-fiya once every blue moon, a cheering audience may not be the best aphrodisiac yanno? It might be something I'D look into, but that's anotha story for anotha time LMAO

17 days is bad enough, but 17 years wow...I'm not counting though

[[end]]

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cicadas are out....

Now is the time to get my stroll on...make up for lost time, yanno

hehehehehe