finally got my laptop back -- geek squad sucks.
thanksgiving was good -- fun with the lil folks and their new dog. lawd help 'em.
it's hard to feel "in the spirit" when it's warm out -- strange coming from a Cali native, but I have gotten used to "cold" thanksgivings -- a lil snow would be "right fine." yanno, a *reason* to seek out "blizzard booty" -- more on THAT later.
been thinking about *dumbshit* lately -- had a reason to reminisce the other day while sitting in traffic. "I Like" by Guy came on the radio and it took me back to high school memories and in particular -- the names we gave our "cliques" in high school. DUMB SHIT. For the life of me I cannot remember what the name of "my clique" was in the last couple years of high school, but funny enough we did have the audacity to call ourselves "Virgin Posse" when we were Sophomores.
Ha ha ha ha ha...chuckle, giggle, cough, hack, whew!
yep, used to throw up the Mighty V back in the day. But I can recall some of the names of other "cliques," including:
"Top Dolla Posse" or was it "To' Down Posse", TDP -- their dumb shit was generational, cuz they existed when my sister went to HS
"Every Niggas Fantasy"
"CPIE" -- can't remember what that meant
there were plenty other examples of *dumbshit*, that I can't recall. If I found my old yearbook, I am sure it would all come flooding back. My *dumbshit* ended with HS, but talking to my lil sis, her's continued on until at LEAST Sophomore year of college -- can we say "Home Girl Patrol" -- always on the lookout for some nonsense ya man might be caught doing!
*dumbshit* -- that I am sure EVERYBODY was a member of at one time in their jr. high or hs, or maybe even college lives.
too damn funny....
i've gots lots of reading to catch up on and plenty of work to do, until next time...
..::More to Come::..
11.26.2005
I've been away....
Posted by sj-the-infamous at 26.11.05
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Yeah we had a group in High School...called ourselves the Ingenues. That would be French for virgin...ha ha!!
LOL I was apart of "The Preps" our entire school was broken up into Cliques ranging from: The Preps, The Omega knights, Echelon and a ton of others. I always did feel bad when a person was just NOT in a group - groups were so important.
Especially if your group was fly enough to be 'admired' and have 'their own table', lol
I once "had" a Virgin as a sophomore in high school.
Our crew was called the Lunch Bunch. lol
"I was a high school loser...never made it with a lady..."
I didn't have a named high school clique either, but like Pammie I ran with the preppies. In fact I was voted "Class Preppy". One day I'll show y'all that corny assed picture.
KZ
Glad to see you are back. I cruise by every now and then. I was in my own click in high school cause I really didn't care what everyone else thought! I was a sports person, so I kinda hung with the jocks, but I got along with everyone. Adios!
cool post. its funny, i have beef with those geek squad dudes as well.
Post a Comment