3.20.2006

I'm not a poet but....

I met my truth last night...finalmente

As refreshing as I thought it would be:

.vunerable.
.humble.
.sensible.
.pensive.
.clever.
.adorable.

"I remember the very first day that I saw him
I found myself immediately intrigued by him"


"It's been way too long" as I told him when I walked in the door. The intrigue has been mutual for, YEARS. I was taken with his words then, seemingly much to sharp for a "young" lad, but what do I know? His presence stated he was a beautiful man. I wanted and had to know more.
"And its truly my pleasure to share his company
And I know that it's God's gift to breathe the air he breathes"


Life-long friends we are not, having only know each other a little while, been personally acquainted even less time. My spirit tells me he's a good man, a gem, someone to hold onto, to keep around, learn from, teach. He's wise beyond his years.

Something I did notice long time ago. There's much about him I don't know, and glimpses of him that I have yet to fully see or experience, good, bad, or indifferent. I enjoy his conversation, his company, and anticipate more of that. Much more of that....
"If he ever left me, I wouldn't even be sad, no
Cause there's a blessing in every lesson
And I'm glad that I knew him at all"


Knowing him has opened my mind, made me a better person. He leaves me inspired. He leaves me wanting. May he find his inspiration. I can't wait to be in read the next installment in his life's work.
Don't be blushin' now, cuz cookin' in the come-hithers, Mr. Jones, you got next....

[Song of the Day; "You" by Raheem DeVaughn]

5 comments:

ManNMotion said...

This is wonderful. Does this mean that your post of 2-23 is resolved? By the way, in your excitement you didn't do whatever you meant to do to get the link to work.

Guide_to_life said...

just stopping by great post....

slimm said...

I bet this Mr. Jones is blushing is a$$ off...lol

sj-the-infamous said...

@MNM - gracias! Can't say that 2/23 post is resolved. That still needs a sponsor; however, I may be traveling in Mexico so it could be null and void anyhow. We shall see...

@Slimm -- I'm just about sure he is! LOL

..Sue...Zette... said...

Why am I jealous...lol