1.21.2007

Daybreak

The blank screen has been staring back at me for too long....

I close my eyes and I think of all the things that I wanna see
Because I know that now I've opened up my heart I know that anything I want can be...


Speaking things IN to existence, right?

So Let It Be....

"Reduced" to tears?
She's been an inspiration, whether she knows it or not, since our paths crossed. Today, I was one of the many witnesses to proof that it CAN happen. And man, that had me bawlin'. Tears streaming, snot running. This is JOY, people. Unadulterated joy in a most emotional moment. My gawd there's enough horror stories, and reading this and that on a regular basis can further harden even the most jaded among us. But few and far between, there are signals and signs of hope. For those "hopeless" among us. When I first moved here, folks predicted I'd be married within a year. Well into year two now, haven't even had a date THIS calendar year! And damn a Lust List, but that's all Sideshow Bob. Let some tell it - it's not "getting married" that's the issue. It's STAYING married. Evidence suggests that much. But I for one, am still impressed and overjoyed when two of us can get it right. Something about hope....that's what I've been reduced to.

Something's Amiss
Dubai? Are you serious? I can't even get a road trip to Rock City. Picky, I ain't. But maybe I'm playing in the WRONG LEAGUE!

Baby-momma drama? Spare me. It's not a position I EVER want to be in. Either side.

Please keep your karma. That shit is foul. Call me rude for a reason, but tends that when I opt to play nice, a fool slips in. I am not the least bit interested in why your "Queen" is still there, but you are here looking for a "Goddess." Not the kid, playa. Keep it movin'....but may your dick fall off first *giggle*

Code word of the week: Confidence. Or lack thereof. That's my Achilles heel, apparently. I had no idea, but I suppose when you've hidden your heart for so long and watched the _________ known as the dating game from the sidelines, diving back in can be a jolt to your confidence.

Sidebar: Will Downing SPEAKS TO ME DAMMIT!

I'm not as good as I used to be. I probably ought to take baby steps, go slowly, take my time, maybe even let myself be.....led! Imagine that?! That also goes for my roller-skating adventures. There's a "re-learning" curve, literally. I refuse to get knocked down, to fall. Through observation, I see who I could learn from, learn WITH. The challenge is in knowing if he's ready and willing to teach. The challenge is determining if he has the patience to lead. The challenge is accepting that I don't know it all or even if I thought I did, HA! I might could be wrong! He could definitely be my Golden Globe moment, and we all know what a boost that is for a girl's confidence. Golden Glide, bitches...Golden Glide.

Doing what I am Supposed to
I am loving my new iPod. This songs I shuffle into give me all kinds of fodder for the blog. Music and memories....But I'm not ready to kick start that just yet. Give me time. Lots to do in 1001 days, yanno? Stay tuned...

[Song of the Day: "Strength, Courage & Wisdom" by India.Arie "Daybreak" by The Brand New Heavies]

0 comments: