8.22.2007

already a skeptic

It doesn't take much. When it comes to marriage, although I really want to believe in it, the truth is, I'm WAY skeptical. And this news doesn't help. I mean, I take a look at my contemporaries and I don't see much to encourage me. Yet, I want to believe in the institution.

God knows I do, cuz I'z tired. I want, need a partner, a spouse, someone to carry the load, someone to make me a Proverbs 31 woman -- I've always wanted to say that -- whatever the hell that means LOLOL Actually, it's something I'm learning about, but just when I begin to read her and try to take her perspective seriously, this. With her whole empire built around her life story and the redemption found in her relationship not only with God, but with her husband.....

Sheeeiiiiittt, if she can't get it right, who can?

I find myself praying for DIFFERENT things now. But, it's faith I need more than anything. That things will come not in MY time, but in HIS time. Yet, this skepticism is wearing me out....

I'm soo tired of hearing about it, talking about it. Nosmoking Gonzales*

[Song of the Day: "Love Your Tears" by Mint Condition]

5 comments:

Sheletha said...

gurrl I heard about this during my drive into work...I could have lost it, but my mind kept going back to the wedding of hers that I saw on TBN. So lavish, so committed, so right. I watched and cried and realized that is exactly what I want. Who knew? To me, its not a matter of getting it right, because man is not perfect. I remember in her book she was indicated that while she was on "The Thrashing Floor" she prayed for God to teach her how to love her man. I thought that because she was so connected that it would be revealed. Ive been dupped, hoodwinked, led astray....

okay Im back.

Im jaded though. How is a 'man of God' going to explain this on Judgement Day??? I hope Im behind him in line so I can hear...

I kid...just jokes...

princessdominique said...

I hear ya...

sj-the-infamous said...

It just makes you wonder, aloud.....

Many of us are guilty of paying more attention or even giving more credence to the details of a "wedding" and not alloting such devotion to the "marriage." Who knows what their situation is/was....

But it affirms my skepticism. I really want to see some positive examples...enduring, contemporary, positive examples. They HAVE to exist.

The story will be told....

BK said...

I feel you on the skepticism..

when I heard about this I was saddened..

anywhoo.. there is always hope for us.. :)

The OE said...

Are you ready to accept my career to as a secret agent and the importance of National security?