3.25.2008

More than Platinum-Star...

I knew it would be a helluva day when I'd had TWO students leave my office in TEARS before 10am!

Then....

  1. Legal got involved
  2. Board of Regents office was referenced
  3. Registrar sent remarks
  4. Dean of Students made comments
  5. Parents of crier #2 showed up
  6. Legal came back, changed their "opinion"
  7. School Chair is summoned
  8. Student requests where can I study abroad/how can I get an internship/what language should I study/what do I need to do to graduate/help me decide on a career advice with fiddy 'leven questions to answer in a 30 minute window...and didn't want to leave when the next appointment arrived
  9. Did I mention the parents of crier #2 come back AGAIN?
  10. Registrar requests Dean's input
  11. A resignation appears in my inbox
  12. I can't even remember what brought crier #1 to tears
    and at 4:55 and zero point one eight seconds I am OUT THE DOOR TO CAFE CIRCA TO WASH AWAY THIS DAY IN 5 DOLLAR MOJITOS!!!!

    And Registration begins TOMORROW!!!

A Diamond-Star Day, indeed!! Definitely, definitely, more to come!

1 comments:

Azikiwe Chandler said...

Damn, sis, I hope the mojitos worked!

Do you still have a job?

Thanks for the kind words. The book´s coming along slowly but surely.

Hoping to finish by the end of this month, but I´m already 4 chapters behind my self-imposed schedule.

I think I´ll lock myself in my house and leave the phone off for a couple of days to get caught up.

I´ll do a better job of keeping in touch when I´m done.

Hoping all is well in your world.

Peace&Blessings,
Zik