I'm sitting here, just pondering life. I realize I am blessed. So very blessed...this existence that I live. Even for all that I don't yet have, that I desire...the things I do have, and the people and experiences I have in my life, grant me this very blessed existence.
It's raining now, perfectly dousing my plans to head to the first night of the main stage at the annual National Black Arts Festival.

Maybe tomorrow, eh?
Just looked at some Google+ posts from my time in the Pacific NW, and realize just a month ago I was reflecting on God's beauty off the coast of Washington. My oh my, that was a wonderful trip! I think about how fortunate I have been to scratch the travel bug/itch this year and how I haven't really sat still in the past 6 months. Well, now comes the time for me to sit still as I have no set travel plans for the remaining months of the year, aside from the annual Thanksgiving jaunt to the westside.
All is well with that, as I think this is time for me to stop running, escaping, and to start developing and focusing on building here. In my present space.
I got a gift today, one that was quite unexpected. Yet, I'd prayed mightily for it. Now that I have received it, I must do something positive, and go forward with it. It occurred to me it was just the latest in a series of gifts, releases, open doors, and answered prayers that have occurred over the last few weeks. I joke about praying to the correct Baby Jesus, but my gratitude is extreme over these recent developments. These developments allow for concrete, forward growth and security in my personal life. From my home, to my health, my profession, and most recently, to my love life. I suppose that everything I went through was beautiful, when I woke up...
Now, I'm feeling blessed, so what am I going to do with these blessings?
..::More to Come::..
[Song of the Day: "Blessed" by Jill Scott]

0 comments:
Post a Comment