8.25.2012

101 Things ~ EXTENDED

I've made an executive decision regarding this 101 Things to Do in 1001 days business.

I'm extending this go-round ~ Part Deux ~ until my 40th birthday.

Which tacks on about 460 more days to accomplish it ALL.  But it's not much, considering I'll have a nearly 50% success/completion rate at the original end date (Sept 2, 2012).

So I've pared down the list to the remaining 50 or so things and made slight revisions, based on who I am NOW, and what I believe I will reasonably even attempt. Some of the things I look at and think, 'Damn, I haven't done that in over 1001 days?!" Some things I'm gonna need help with. Can't do sola, yanno?  Gotta pray I'll have company along for this ride :)

EXTENDED UNTIL DECEMBER 6, 2013 (Age 40)

  1. Go to the NEW Texas Stadium to watch my Dallas Cowboys play a game! Done September 2015
  2. Finish my landscaping projects
  3. Get back to a size 10! Done July 2013
  4. Spend a weekend in bed...with someone
  5. Tithe for a full year Done 2014
  6. Join a ministry at church
  7. Purchase all of my *favorite* books
  8. Finish decorating and arranging the Queens Quarters Done February 2014
  9. Get my parents and grandparents situated in ____________________.
  10. Attend an Ohio University Black Alumni Reunion
  11. Go to Howard Homecoming
  12. Date a white man, a latino man, a fire fighter, a cop (is this 4 different things? LOL) This won't happen (see #heneedsanickname)
  13. Go to a Hawks game
  14. Go to a Braves game
  15. Go to a Falcons game Done November 2012
  16. Get lasered by my dermatologist
  17. See Frankie Beverly and Maze in concert
  18. See Anita Baker in concert
  19. See Stevie Wonder in concert
  20. Participate in NaNoWriMo Done November 2013, #NaBloPoMo counts
  21. Plan for my trip to Cuba! Done 2015
  22. Rethink my financial retirement plans/Organize my retirement portfolio Done Spring 2014
  23. Build my emergency fund
  24. Pay off my credit card debt Done October 2013
  25. Write a letter to myself to read in 1001 days
  26. Hit balls at the driving range Done June 2014
  27. Go to a drive-in movie
  28. Go to a midnight movie
  29. Buy a new coat Had one MADE Done October 2014
  30. Brush up on my Spanish
  31. Write a letter to the editor
  32. Participate in a political campaign
  33. Make plans for my 40th birthday! Done Summer/Fall 2013
  34. Have a nude sketch or photo session
  35. Go to a comedy show Done November 2015
  36. Write on the wall of every FB friend during a given month
  37. Pray every night for one month
  38. Go ice skating
  39. Organize my home office
  40. Go fishing
  41. Pay it Forward/Random Act of Kindness
  42. Blog every other day for a month
  43. Visit 1 of the states I have not yet been to
  44. Write 3 satisfaction letters to companies/organizations I appreciate or admire
  45. Save $1 for every task not completed.
  46. Go shopping at the thrift store
  47. Attend a grown-folks event (100 Black Men, Red Tie Soiree, etc.) The Speakeasy Cocktail Festival counts - September 2012
  48. Clean up an email account September 2012
  49. Do a detox/cleanse Done July 2013
  50. Write my husband a love letter
  51. Get a makeup/makeover
  52. Start a new 101 things list when this one comes to an end!
Betta get started, huh LOL

0 comments: