12.08.2012

Decades in Pictures

In 2002, I got my first desktop computer with a webcam. With that came ventures into the online world. Ten years ago I captured images I took of myself with that webcam in a collage.

..::Morena in 2002::..




For kicks and giggles I put together a collage of images from this year, 2012. Something like a 10-year update. Neither here nor there, I bought my first laptop with a webcam this year.

..::Me in 2012::..


Safe to say within the past decade I've presented a myriad of looks. When I look at these two collages I am struck by how different I look, which represents, to me, how different I am. A decades' worth of life lived. I do remember some of the backstories for the photos in the 2002 collage, just as I know the reasons the 2012 photos. Most telling in that all the recent photos, there was no male recipient in mind.  No longer trying to impress some dude.  Can't say that for 10 years ago...

As I put this together I thought about finding photos from 1992...making this a decades project. Watching me grow/learn/mature/blossom/change through the years. The timing of these collages are are interesting in that they are the year before milestone birthdays.  Almost as if I'm seeing the close of a period in life. My 20s, My 30s...God willing I will be able to showcase, just as beautifully, what the 40s have brought to me...

[More to Come]

0 comments: