11.19.2012

When was your last...

...menstrual cycle?

Yea. THAT question I've answered seemingly ad-nauseum over the past few weeks. When I respond the NEXT question is:

Are you pregnant?

TRUST ME, I am NOT pregnant is ALWAYS my answer.

What I'm discovering is that my medical odyssey is subtly reminding me that I am NOT having enough any sex.

'Cause if I WAS...the answer could be different.  Not that I want it to be different. No. But it could be.  THAT is what I want, I suppose, in a larger sense.

Then I think to myself...

There isn't a man I've had sex with, since I've lived here, that I would want to impregnate me. And that isn't just because I've decided I don't want children. Then men I had sex with, when I was still considering birthing children, were not the men I wanted to father my children.  Some, I accepted that in hindsight, but believe I realized it during the course of the relationship.

Leaves me wondering, just how much "good father" material is a factor in my dating/sex life. Even though I don't want children, could that be affecting how I pursue an active dating/sex life?  How ironic would that be, eh?!

Well, more of my medical odyssey is to come and I'll be answering those same questions repeatedly, but maybe, just maybe...if I do my work...I'll have a reason to request a pregnancy exam.

But I still want the results to be negative ;)

[More to Come]


0 comments: