5.29.2013

Day Number ???

I have lost count of the days.  But I am aware they are passing by quickly!

My body and my mind has been preoccupied with my latest menstrual flare. It HAS gotten better, if one can process this along a continuum of pain and discomfort. But jeesh, if  it could just not happen at all.  Aside from the last couple of days, I haven't had any serious or immobilizing pain or stiffness or discomfort while here in Jordan. I honestly believe the climate plays a role.  Now, I haven't been eating like I am accustomed to, either.  I have noticed that when I drink water, my breathing is easier.  It's just that I am soo busy, I forget to drink water.  When I eat out, I tend to order Pepsi.  That's because lawd knows, once I return to Atlanta, I may never see another Pepsi again :)  But, I am making an effort to eat more vegetables, drink more water, and keep walking.  I feel better when I do.  But so far, aside from now, with this visit from Aunt Flo, I don't feel bad.

I am working more than I had ever imagined or anticipated, however. Stuff with the program. Stuff with my job back in Atlanta. Stuff with the family.  Just stuff.  It takes time! That is what I feel I am running out of.  But, I am soo grateful for this experience.  Even with all that I have to get accomplished every day, it's a pace here that I can relish and enjoy.  Definitely not the hustle and bustle of American life.  But a respite from that is a good thing. I just hope I get to veg out, read my Kindle and listen to Spotify, and cherish the learning, before I have to return, fully, to American life.

Grateful and appreciative are really not adequate words for thanking God for this opportunity.  In my prayerful tears every night, I just remain in awe that I am here.  For again, this was never on my radar.  But I may not know the whole path that God has for me, but I sense a direction in the steps he is ordering for me.  Clues and hints. Doors that open. Connections that materialize. Options never before considered becoming reality. I just pray to remain open to it all, with a strong and everlasting faith.

In the days ahead I'll explore more of this holy land and seek HIS guidance on what comes ahead.  Who could be in a better place?

More to Come...

0 comments: