4.18.2017

My Faces of Lupus & Lupus Walk GA 2017



Lupus is a chronic, debilitating, autoimmune disease that can affect all organs of the body in life-threatening ways. Lupus has attacked my lungs and joints most severely, as I suffer most from pleuritis, serositis, and enduring joint pain, inflammation and swelling. I also have symptoms of Lupus affecting my blood, mucous membranes, skin, kidneys, gastrointestinal and central nervous systems.

 

But you can’t LOOK at me and know all this -- unfortunately, or fortunately, Lupus can seem like an invisible disease.

 I have learned to manage Lupus over the last few years, and although flares happen every month, my disease manifestation is currently quiet. I am lucky for that in it will allow me, this year, to participate in the Lupus Walk for the first time since my diagnosis! The Lupus Foundation of America has been extremely supportive as I’ve navigated this new life with Lupus, and I’m raising funds via Team #StepsforStephanie so they may continue to support me, and others that suffer from this cruel and mysterious disease.

 Please consider donating to help me reach my goal. Any amount is welcome and will go toward creating very helpful resources for Lupus patients and caregivers. I invite you to learn more of my story and the work of the Lupus Foundation before you give at: http://bit.do/StepsforStephanieLupusWalk.

I am soo grateful for your generosity and support! THANK YOU! #kNOwLUPUS #LupusAwareness #TeamStepsforStephanie #LupusWalkGA2017


 

0 comments: