It got hit with a few unexpected blasts from the past this week--enough to sit up and take notice. Brothas I ain't heard from in YEARS. Mostly with dumb shit, too.
Why, negroes, why?
Why the fluck am I still in your address book? Or why the fluck did you take the time to remember my email and put me back? I admit...I've had lapses before and done the same, it never has the desired result, so I've learned. So let this be a public service announcement to others - when you have been given walking papers, do not attempt a u-turn of any kind. Nomatter how psuedo-subtle you think it might be through a random-bcc-reunion-let's-all-keep-in-touch email. Young, that shit is cheesy.
When ya done, ya done -- erase me from memory, and if you can't do that, at least lose all my contact info, so you won't even be tempted to make an ass of yaself and try to trip back in. And if you were one of those simple negroes that couldn't VOICE that things just weren't gonna be and kinda just disappeared, do believe that you ceased to exist on my end too. So all your email does is scare up ghosts on my end. And we all know I don't do the "Boo" thing at all....
Moving right along --
Soo...my favorite law enforcement officer is back from Iraq. One of PG County's finest...for all the contempt I hold for authority figures, law enforcement, and military types, I'd consider letting this one "detain" me. Thumb cuffs are fun, but I wanna see what else he's bringing. Something to make me become a very bad, err...good girl LOL
My past has found me in a good way, too! I ran into a couple of my boyz from college. Hadn't seen them since homecoming, what, 7 or 8 years ago? It was such a shock!! A very pleasant surprise to see them and catch up. Man, we used to have some W-I-L-D times...which is why I don't puff-puff-pass but can't stop drinking Malibu and Cranberry to this day LMAO The more things change, the more they stay the same. We've literally been around the world, lived and worked in a many different places, but we were able to get our FUN on like it hadn't been 12 plus years since we were hanging out in Mt. Vernon Square, doing gawd only knows what, or so we hope!! LOL
And lastly, I came across a part of my past. It's literally been 10 years since we've seen each other, and he still has the ability to intrigue me and all I did was read about him. So he's pursing a Ph.D in social theory, race and culture at The New School...education is so damn sexy!! I bet his locs are long, [his d*ck definitely is], and wonder if he moves and swirls in that Frankencense and Musk scent...umph, umph, umph. And his mind, his taste...soo brilliant!! My bohemian, my bohemian....
But I ain't silly enough to go e-stalkeresque. It's been 10 years dun...it's better to reminisce at a distance. Heed the lesson.
[Song of the Day: Since I Seen't You by Anthony Hamilton]
11.11.2004
The Past Catches Up...
Posted by sj-the-infamous at 11.11.04
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment