5.20.2005

One year later

It's my Blogspot Anniversary....

Admittedly, I don't treat this well -- I just don't find the time, and when I do, I can't think of anything worth blogging about. Well, there's always more to come....

In honor of year 1, here's 100 things you thought you knew:


1) Both my sister and I are named after our maternal grandmother
2) She and I are opposites in many ways, including birth dates, birth times...styles and personalities
3) Color my world...red!
4) The color of Black Cherry Red Jello is my absolute favorite
5) I like jello, but I am not really a fan of pudding
6) But I've won awards for my Banana Pudding
7) I love cooking, it relaxes me
8) And I love eating, as my expanding azz will attest
9) Seafood is my favorite, but I am not on that infamous "see food" diet
10) I've only tried one "weight loss plan"
11) I lost about 30 pounds on Weight Watchers right before my 30th birthday
12) I gained it all back, plus the following year
13) I'm done with diets, I've learned to love all that my body is
14) My azz is flat
15) My boobs are infamous...I've even had a poem dedicated to 'em
16) Quietly though, I do want my flat tummy back!!
17) I enjoy walking for exercise purposes
18) I stopped running when I was diagnosed with a demyelinating disease
19) I ran track from elementary until high school, when I pulled a muscle and quit
20) I love athletics although I am not athletic anymore
21) Track and Field is my second favorite sport to watch
22) March Madness if my first!
23) I quit a job to watch March Madness once
24) I've never been fired
*crossing fingers/knocking on wood*
25) But I can be rather subordinate
26) I am not fond of authority or authority figures
27) I figure rules are made to be broken/tested/done away with
28) My politics are pretty liberal
29) Yet, I have some traditional leanings
30) I never thought I would live in the South
31) and living here amazes me more everyay
32) Alot of things about the south make me smile, and one of my favorites is Publix
33) I truly enjoy grocery stores
34) Grocery store dates are fascinating
35) Nontraditional dates are the best, I mean, how many dinners and a movie can you stomach?
36) I don't date enough
37) Which means I am not having enough sex
38) I am gonna have to work on number 36 and 37
39) I've fallen for the country twang of brothas in the South
40) Then again, I like accents, and different dialects
41) I used to speak Spanish, now I speak mostly Spanglish
42) But I have never been able to roll the rr's in Spanish
43) Yet my laugh has a similar sounding trill, that just happens, I can't force it
44) I enjoy laughing, am easily amused, and find alot of shit hilarious
45) Irony slays me most of the time, imagine that
46) "Imagine that" is one of my favorite sayings
47) Some of my other favorite sayings are: "Whateva playa" and
"I don't ever need to see/do _______ again"
48) My favorite comedians are Paul Mooney, J. Anthony Brown, Richard Pryor, Cedric the Entertainer
49) I am NOT a fan of DL Hughley, he has NEVER been funny to me
50) Chocolate is my favorite comedienne
51) I am not a big Chocolate eater, but I LOVE plain M&Ms
52) And I used to eat lots of candy when I was younger, which explains all the fillings
53) People always compliment me on my smile and how "pretty" my teeth are
54) I've had lots of dental work, which is why I have no fear of the dentist
55) However, I am deathly afraid of the opthamologist
56) I've had full out temper-tantrums in the eye doctor's office, as a grown-azz woman
57) Anything near my eyes bugs me out, which is why I will never have contacts
58) But I think I look cute in my glasses, which glow, btw....
59) I need some new ones, but that entails a visit to the eye doctor, which I can't do cuz I don't have insurance
60) I'm underemployed, how 'bout dat?
61) I like the flexibility of my employment arrangement, but I do need some benefits
62) I freelance in the nonprofit and education fields, as I make a career shift into international education
63) I love traveling
64) I've been to every country in Central America, except Panama
65) I want to visit Salvador de Bahia, Brazil, Guyana, Venezuela, Ecuador and maybe Chile or Argentina in South America
66) I have only been to one island in the Caribbean -- Puerto Rico
67) I'd like to visit more of the Caribbean
68) But I don't want to go to Jamaica
69) Funny thing is, I get mistaken for being West Indian when people see me or view my photos, until I open my mouth
70) I am a native Californian and my parents are pure Yankee, no West Indian in me at all
71) I am attracted to West Indian men, and they tend to gravitate to me as well
72) I like well-read men, too
73) I love reading, especially newspapers and contemporary Black fiction
74) I am a library fanatic, and find the Atlanta Library System utterly disappointing
75) I don't buy books anymore, unless they are erotica, or I am stranded in an airport with a need for the read
76) I was into Erotica way before Zane came along
77) I don't think she can write; I consider her stuff porn, not erotica
78) My favorite book is "The Hand I Fan With" by Tina McElroy Ansa
79) I don't have a favorite author, but I like all of Pearl Cleage's books
80) Ok, last twenty....I've never joined a book club, but I might one day
81) I enjoy entertaining, so hosting a meeting would rock
82) I've volunteered nearly all my life, and I am strong proponent of giving back to your community in non-financial ways
83) I can be rather impatient
84) I can't sleep without an eyemask
85) Public transportation is always entertaining, and I find a way to get on a bus or train whenever I visit a city
86) I just started going back to church
87) I get lost for the hell of it, to learn my way around a place
88) My toenails grow long, really fast
89) I'm clumsy
90) I don't drink coffee
92) When I was in HS my boyfriend was killed in a car accident
93) I've been in 3 car accidents, 2 in which I was driving, but thankfully I have never been seriously hurt
94) I have friends in every continent on the globe, except Australia and Antartica
95) I am sensitive to noise/noise pollution
96) But I like to turn up music volumes REALLY LOUD
97) I used to play online alot more
98) I like being outdoors, whatever the weather
99) I really want to move to Seattle or The Bay Area
100) I am a walking, talking contradiction at times....

3 comments:

Pamalicious said...

Ok, this is going to be my weekend blog entry if I can figure out 100 things about myself. What a challenge!

Happy Anniversary!

..Sue...Zette... said...

I loved the list...Happy Blogversary

Rainmayun said...

the bay area is great!! I want to move back there.