1.15.2006

What's REALLY a damn shame is....

That I have lived here for over a year now and I cannot come up with one.single.man that I would place on my

How sad is that?! What is really going on, eh? Should I pin it on that I'm not really feeling the Atlanta aesthetic? Well, let Atlantans tell it, most folks here aren't FROM here, so that can't truly be it. Is it that I'm not out and about seeing/meeting/interacting with men or women for that matter like I probably should be? Some of the blame can be thrown that way -- I've been traveling alot lately, caught up in the whole new job thing, and finishing up consulting projects. So "socializing" hasn't been on the agenda. Yet, I get out the house -- funny enough, I rarely see brothas when I am running errands, could just be my side of town. That'll all change when I move.... hopefully. I'm sitting here racking my brain, trying to figure out when's the last time I came across a brotha, here in the ATL, that made me say "damn" just because -- someone I could have a bonafide crush on, just because, and the fact that I have to rack my brain to just come up with one is telling. Does the attractive brotha I saw in Publix on Christmas Eve count? I figured out why I thought him attractive then -- he favored "my husband", but what I couldn't tell was if he was with his momma or his woman. In any case, I didn't take the time to find out -- so he doesn't make the LustList.

Even of the brothas I have dated here, only one leaps to mind as being FINE enough to lust after, maybe even masturbate to *giggle*. The others were nice-looking, sure enough. Yet, Mr. Fantastic -- he is physically FINE. And yea, he did make me say "damn" on more than one occasion LOLOL Hot? Yes. Intelligent? Not. So he technically qualifies for Lust List placement, but I know better than to lust after crazy...so I sit here still, and wonder, where are all the brothas that I might find FINE and how do I get there?!

Will all the tall, dark, college-educated, employed, non-smoking, athletic, Christian, single brothas with straight, white teeth, rockin' locs, baldys, that wild Maxwell look, or low fades please stand up and give a sista DIRECTIONS -- I've got 3 more days to complete my Lust List LOL

[Song of the Day: "Check On It" by Beyonce]

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My poor baby...what hath this move wrot? Well, you KNOW they're at Stan's Restaurant here in DC waiting on you!!! :-)

Knockout Zed said...

First of all, that's Chubby Chocolate's husband. Second of all, what happened to us?

KZ

Jez Chill said...

I think it's your inner wisdom telling you to stop trying to maintain your 'LustList'! :-) There are plenty of men in Atlanta that will make your CompatibilityList and NeedsList.

sj-the-infamous said...

@ Donny -- oh how I miss STAN'S!! Have a drink and some "wangs" for me....save me a seat, I may have to swing through there for some good times soon :)

@ Zed -- first of all, Chubby is delusional like every OTHA woman that thinks MY husband is theirs. She and the rest of them can take a numba and stand in line LMAO As if...and "us" doesn't count if Lust List can't find you in the A, mi amor....

@ Jez Chill -- you're probably right. But if can't find each other because we don't fit each other's aesthetic or for whatever other reason don't cross paths how will we ever know? In the meantime, I just want a lil sumthin' to drool over, err LOOK at LOL

Cheryl said...

I feel your pain. I've lived in Austin for a year and the only one on my lust list is the one who was on it before i even moved here. Not.Good. Hang in there sista.

The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

keep your head up sista....good luck to ya

..Sue...Zette... said...

Girl I've been here almost three years and I'm running into the same problem...LMAO