-- I recall an episode of "Golden Girls" where Dorothy catches MAJOR FLAK for not passing some kid on the football team. Declared him ineligble to play and how that ruined his chances for scholarships or something. Witnessed that come to life at work this week....for all my postulating on academia over athletics, I'm now in a position to do something about it. Be very afraid --
-- Got an email from a day spa. Normally, it would seem harmless, but all it did was bring up ugly memories. I am sure had I gone there, sampled their services, I'd have different feelings, but alas...Portland does hold a special place in my heart, regardless of the foolishness that I almost changed my life around for. What disturbs me most is that I still get irritated by the thought/mention of anything that reminds me of that --
-- In what world is it okay for a one-bedroom apartment to start renting at $1100?? Are you kidding me?! This ain't New York, or San Fran for that matter. Bowie, MD are you listening? How about Midtown, ATL. WTF?! --
-- Really though, I want babies, a family of my own. Even told moms, I'd work on that for her this year. My Papa, bless him, is holding on for a great-grandchild, hell...to see me walk the aisle. I need a suitable father candidate though. I need a HUSBAND, for real for real. If I could clearly state exactly.what.I.want it would go a l o n g way towards knowing when he arrives, huh? What AM I so afraid of? --
-- Why come I really wanna go to the Battle of the Bands? Lawd, every time I hear that commercial on the radio my azz starts to wiggle. Something about a drumline. Makes me wanna "Do it, do it, do it...." --
-- I dunno why I sit and watch this stuff. All it makes me wanna do is "Kill Whitey." Haven't said that in a while *chuckle* I can't be feeling like this when I gotta go to back to a work environment in about 12 hours where I am one of 3 in the entire school. Not that I long for that all-Black environment either, because "N!ggas "Africans" and flies, I do despise" --
[Song of the Day: "My Man" by Angie Stone]

1 comments:
$1100 for a one bedroom is criminal...simply criminal.
Girl I feel you on the chirens...and needing a husband first...at the rate I'm going though...I'mma never have either...lol
Post a Comment