I'm STILL itchin' for a scratch.
I swear, I got ATTACKED by these damn...sand flies, outside the airport in Monterrey. Must have been that damn sunscreen, cause they had a feast on my arm and my feet and ankles. I am the Aveeno Anti-Itch Queen right about now. I'm much to grown-n-sexy to be sporting Calamine Pink, ya dig?
Mexico in photoswill be up soon is up. I must say that I'm encouraged to return. One day, I'll be brave enough to hit el DF, but first I want to go to Cabo San Lucas. Add that to my "dreams" list. There must be some validity to that "dreams" list -- my sister created a whole notebook and damn if she isn't off galavanting in South Africa, living one of her dreams. I supposed that was how I got to Belize, when I think about it. My next task is to visualize exactly what I want, what I dream about....that may even help me decide what those 5 Bold Steps will be, eh?
Speaking of dreams, I had a crazy one last night. Tornadoes....which spawned more tornadoes. I watched these spin all around me. The skies were dark, I wasn't alone, but I am not sure I "knew" who I was with. But we were able to stay ahead of these storms somehow, and move toward a "safe" building. As if a building can be safe when tornadoes are brewing, but what was weird was that this safe building was on the grounds of an amusement park. Well, it appeared to be an amusement park -- there were rollercoasters with people still riding and people in lines to get on these rides, even as the tornadoes were spining all around the area. What da hell? Sirens were wailing to warn people about the immediate danger, but they seemed oblivious. I wasn't moving THAT fast, but I was determined to get to the "safe space" and promptly woke up when I did.
Sidebar: Monica Kaufmann's hair. My God.[end]
Me thinks this will be one of those dreams I will remember forever, that it has some meaning, although I may not be entirely clued into what it is right now. Kinda like that dream about "foundations shifting" after my first spring break in Atlanta. Talk about a life lesson.
7 more days, and I'll be back in DC. It won't be the same. My peeps are leaving. Did I start a chain reaction...me dunno, but after this trip, I can't say when I'll go back. Even Chix and Waffles is up in the air at the moment, 2 of the 3 original hosts aren't there and the 3rd....well she'll looking for an out. I guess we need to gauge whether or not the interest is there before we move forward. Who knew...C&W was gonna be our legacy....
..::More to Come::..
[Song of the Day: Again by Faith Evans]
I swear, I got ATTACKED by these damn...sand flies, outside the airport in Monterrey. Must have been that damn sunscreen, cause they had a feast on my arm and my feet and ankles. I am the Aveeno Anti-Itch Queen right about now. I'm much to grown-n-sexy to be sporting Calamine Pink, ya dig?
Mexico in photos
Speaking of dreams, I had a crazy one last night. Tornadoes....which spawned more tornadoes. I watched these spin all around me. The skies were dark, I wasn't alone, but I am not sure I "knew" who I was with. But we were able to stay ahead of these storms somehow, and move toward a "safe" building. As if a building can be safe when tornadoes are brewing, but what was weird was that this safe building was on the grounds of an amusement park. Well, it appeared to be an amusement park -- there were rollercoasters with people still riding and people in lines to get on these rides, even as the tornadoes were spining all around the area. What da hell? Sirens were wailing to warn people about the immediate danger, but they seemed oblivious. I wasn't moving THAT fast, but I was determined to get to the "safe space" and promptly woke up when I did.
Sidebar: Monica Kaufmann's hair. My God.[end]
Me thinks this will be one of those dreams I will remember forever, that it has some meaning, although I may not be entirely clued into what it is right now. Kinda like that dream about "foundations shifting" after my first spring break in Atlanta. Talk about a life lesson.
7 more days, and I'll be back in DC. It won't be the same. My peeps are leaving. Did I start a chain reaction...me dunno, but after this trip, I can't say when I'll go back. Even Chix and Waffles is up in the air at the moment, 2 of the 3 original hosts aren't there and the 3rd....well she'll looking for an out. I guess we need to gauge whether or not the interest is there before we move forward. Who knew...C&W was gonna be our legacy....
..::More to Come::..
[Song of the Day: Again by Faith Evans]

0 comments:
Post a Comment