"Maybe this is what it felt like to begin forgiving...to let go of my resentment towards his selfish decisions, the ones that left me in that state toward the end of my 30s. I hoped so. I was done blaming him for my aloneness, done feeling sad about it. And on days like today, when the sun was warm and the sky was bright, I could even say I love my life more because it was finally, completely, again, my own. I looked up at the mountain. I would never take this kind of beauty for granted, even if I lived here and saw this every single day. It wasn't just gratitude that flooded my heart at that moment, but unadulterated joy."
From S.E.C.R.E.T - yet, capturing my precise thoughts as I watched sunrise in the desert, my last weekend in Jordan.
..::More to Come::..

0 comments:
Post a Comment