7.29.2013

Health. Trust. Love. Life.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not into thine own understanding. In all thine ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thine paths.

Over the last year, this scripture has been most relevant to my existence in this world. As I've struggled with, and then accepted and come to terms with my SLE diagnosis. As I've paid down debt and restructured my finances.  As I've made bold choices about my career. As I've come to expect less from my elders. As I've realized I've got to take on more responsibility for my elders care and existence. As I've relied on faith to see all my decisions through.

In believing the scripture, I have peace with my paths being directed. Meaning, I have peace with those interactions and seeming missteps on the journey. I realized that moreso today as I revisited memory lane from a stop at a familiar location while out and about running errands. If I cease trying to understand, then that whole interlude ceases to be a mistake. The peace comes from trusting in the Lord, and realizing that He is directing my paths. Thus, there was purpose in that interlude.

Just as there is purpose in ALL my ways, as I trust in the Lord.

Doing just that involves me learning to learn on Him in ways I'd not considered before. In particular through his angels.

"I also marveled at how my world had changed with a simple 'yes.'"
Yes, to the question: Are you sick?
Yes, to the question: Do you need help?
Yes, to the question: Can you finish this Fulbright application?
Yes, to the question:  Will you work for us in Jordan this summer?
Yes, to the question: May we fly you out to California for a job interview?
Yes, to the question: Will you share your ideas for restructuring?
Yes, to the question: Would you be interested in taking on a new role?
Yes, to the question: Do you intend to accept this Fulbright Award?
Yes, to the question: Are you feeling and doing better?

Yes, to the question: Are you ready for love?
'Tis love and companionship, partnership and romance, friendship and commitment that I intend to focus on next.  For all that, too, is on my vision board. And I've had dreams and hints and clues that the time is now for my attention to be drawn to that area of my life. Time to say YES, mean it, and be fearless in my focus for love and a future with another.

Funny how I was recently reminded how I stated "I want a brotha with a British accent" no so long ago.  Life has a way, doesn't it? As I prepare to embark on a journey to the UK, I'm looking forward to hearing LOTS of British accents, and if they are attached to some Idris Elba-esque looking eye candy, all the better!

Trusting in the steps I'm being ordered to take, and that the Angels surround me with every step. This life is evermore rich...immeasurably more than I could ever ask or imagine. For this I give praise, I am grateful, and I hope to continually inspire and bless others.

..::More to Come::..

0 comments: