4.09.2016

Life in 2016...



This has been on my refrigerator for a while now, but it was only this week that I stopped and actually paid attention to what it said. Surely it is because life is NOT going the way I want it to right now...

Nor has it really, at all, this entirety of this year, up to this point. 2016 has been a doozy! Sorrowful beyond words. Death, injury, heartbreak, illness, lots of grieving and it has become painful at this point. So my attention was aptly drawn to this magnet and the centering words it proclaims.

1) Remind myself, things will be OK.
When the emotions get the best of me, it's alright to shed tears. It's necessary to keep breathing, even when I feel suffocated from the loss. And it's imperative to remember, my life continues and as it has in the past when faced with difficulty, it has gotten better. Ok.
2) Replace things lost with things I love.
More quality time with my family, more outings with friends, more time outdoors getting some sunshine, more travel, more reading, are things that I love. I shall have more TIME for all of that now!
3) Look for laughs. 
Humor always feels good. The silly. The ridiculous. The unbelievable.  I am seeking more laughter in my life, for sure.
4) Remember, people love me in their own way. 
Must remember that, and refrain from attempting to make it otherwise.
5)Learn to let go! 
To live in the let go, as my Mommie says...takes longer than I would ever imagine, but this, too shall be done. For my own peace and well-being. I trust that things happen for good, and whatever distress I am currently feeling, there will be better ahead, once I let go!
6) Focus on what I want -- 
This may, surprisingly, be my greatest challenge. Identifying what exactly I want. Especially when I thought I had much of what I wanted...time to dream bigger!

Thanks to my girl Jennifer for prodding me to get back to this. Blogging has always been cathartic for me, when journaling doesn't seem to come so easily. I see God at work in you and I appreciate you being my angel today :)

..::More to Come ::..

0 comments: