10.31.2004

untitled thoughts 31 de Octubre

[Song of the Day: Georgia on My Mind, by Ray Charles]

I have soo much anxiety about this election. I s w e a r. Every time I see or hear about another poll where dumbya has a lead, or someone is swearing allegiance to him, I just can't fuckin' believe it!! What world are these people living in?!?! I am so afraid this isn't even gonna be close....all this early voting and what not?! Already there are problems with absentee ballots in Florida, and there are issues with the touch-screen voting here in Maryland. Really, I think it's gonna be a blow out for dumbya and I sincerely don't get what people see in him to want to keep him in office another 4 years?!!? I don't fuckin' get it. It's a feeling I've had before -- I remember, 20 years ago, in elementary school, one of the teacher's aides had a Jesse Jackson for President button -- before the Democratic convention and Mondale was the Democratic candidate. I recall even then (even as a young child, I've always skewed political, but once I had some Hill experience, that all changed LOL) thinking that all this campaigning for what?! The President is gonna win, there won't be a change in that office, and Reagan won again -- That is how I feel now. Even with all the campaigning and debates and endoresments and everything, people are gonna re-elect that bumbling idiot and that scares me. I sooo wanna wake up Wednesday morning and believe that we are venturing down a different path, with a different philosophy, but I don't feel that is gonna happen. It truly scares me.....


Saw Ray last night. VERY GOOD movie, and Jamie Foxx acted his azz off. "I'ma make it do what it do, baby." Good to see alot of Black Hollywood working again, as half the cast of Get on the Bus definitely had a part in this film LOL I enjoyed this film and urge folks to go see it. Surely it is impossible to capture such a life in nearly 3 hours, but it is a very well-acted, compelling story nonetheless, particularly for those that didn't know much about Ray Charles.

Homecoming was this weekend. Don't have a recap, cuz I didn't go. Ya live here, ya been there, ya done that. Plus, driving through the city last night, with all the bamas, thugs, students, hookers, suzies and biffs, and gawd knows what else on U street and the traffic, my gawd the traffic...as Ken said "I am old, and I just wanna go home, dammit!" Basically, the noise, the traffic, the the nonsense -- such a pain the ass, and I am much too old to be out here in the midst of it all!! I say all that now, but next year though LOL...I'll be back in DC for that! 10 years, baby...my how time flies!! And even though I will probably be complaining, I hope we realize that we are older now and will be doing different things, and still having a damn good time. But if I ever again end up stuck in traffic on U street, or stranded on Georgia Ave....LMAO

1 comments:

city girl said...

I pretty much have the same feeling in the pit of my stomach. If Bush pulled it out last time, you can bet he'll do it again this time. And my feeling is this-we already know what Bush is about, and he fucking sucks! We don't necessarily know that about Kerry so he should get the chance to prove himself better or worse, if that's even possible!