Drummers -- so I finally hit Cafe 290. Garden variety show, or so they say. When the shit finally DID start, they played some old 80s rock and pop shit, (But wait, they even played "Night and Day" by Al B.Sure -- ain't heard THAT in a minute) including the first keys of "Jump" by Van Halen, which had they played I might have jumped outta my seat and got my boogie on justforthehellofit. But what they did play, COMPLETELY, and did absolutely NO JUSTICE to, because this is a song that you just DO NOT TACKLE unless you got mad skills, in particular, your drummer knows what the hell he is doing, is "In the Air Tonight". Now, Phil Collins IS a drummer, and it is obvious when you hear this song and I would think any so-called "drummer" worth her or his salt would recognize and either master it and play it con ganas, or get the hell off the stage when the number starts. You simply cannot half-ass the drum beat in this song! Now it doesn't seem that difficult, but then again, I am only an "air drummer" and I air drum the hell out of this song when I hear it LMAO But ol' boy on the drums last night -- flucked it up, pissed ME off, and I was ReT.tO.gO!! I'll have to try Cafe 290 on a Sunday...or so I hear.
The Discovery Space Shuttle -- who doesn't remember where they were when Challenger blew up, not to mention Columbia, just a couple years ago, huh? The back and forth continues about whether or not the USG is wisely blowing money with space exploration when teachers aren't well paid, and social services are sorely lack here on the ground. I can't entertain the convo right here, right now, all I can say is that I was *lucky* enough to work on the International Space Station project back in the days of nepotism at McDonnell Douglas in the early 90s. Able to walk through mock-ups and view astronaut training facilities in southern California and work closely with the folks at the Johnson Space Center in Houston. Although my most memorable experience of that summer in Huntington Beach were my first taste of amor puertorriqueno y how *silly* grown men could act in my presence...I learned alot about the property management and budgetary functions of the program through my internship. I mean, hell what could I bring to the program -- I was a Poli Sci major, yet, I remained in awe of how all of these people, and offices in different places worked to get people out in to space and aimed to eventually live there. Fascinating, truly. So I did take some pleasure in seeing NASA bounce back from the Columbia tragedy and get the Discovery launched. I hope they can re-enter sin problemas and we can see where all of our money is going NEXT!
Ciara -- ok, it has taken me some time to warm up to her. You know I just couldn't get with the attack of the clones, I mean at one point everytime you turned around some chick was on the radio singing about some shit, and to me they all sounded alike and looked alike (Can YOU point out the differences? Brooke Valentine, Ciara, Christina Milan, Nivea...I mean what the hell?) Anyhow, being in da durty durty, you can't escape Ciara, and the more she's shoved at me, the more I've come to realize she's supposed to be the next Aaliyah, right? Well, she needs to quit jocking Beyonce. The more I look at her, and listen to her, I realize she's got a decent sound, but she could benefit from a different hair color, and look, cuz somedays I can't tell the different between her and B. Then I hear "Like You" -- ya know, the latest of her man's CD. I swore it WAS Beyonce, until the dj said differently. If she was to break out into a unique look, maybe, I think she'd really go far. I like the new song and all, but can we all collectively let go of the fascination with Beyonce? ROFLMAO
MARTA -- Dude! Negroes on Marta are just FUGLY!! Can some eye candy step on board just ONE day to give me something to look at? Man...never in my life have I seen car loads and car loads of unattractive people! And yes, I am fully aware that MY azz is on the damn MARTA train and lawd knows I am no beauty queen, but damn. I harken it to riding the Metrobus in DC, or the LA MTA formerly known as the Rough-Tough-and-Dirty in LA. Cuz anyone who rides Metrorail, KNOWS there are some fine brothas that hop on the Green Line trains in particular. Whew lawd...that Greenbelt station, by the end of the line you'd wanna get your mack on with at least 4 or 5 brothas on a given day. But the bus -- anything goes, and usually horribly wrong. Marta is like the Metrobus. And could this be in anyway related to class? Those that have don't ride MARTA and those that don't, do? Cuz if you look like you done had a hard life, due in part to any number of social and economic challenges, some of which put you on Marta in order to get around, your appearance may be less than attractive. You may look tired, wo' out, be draggin', smell funny, be missing teeth, or have a mouth full of gold ones, and talking out loud to nobody (well at least not to the surrounding passengers) and that mis amigos, I personally don't find attractive, but chances are I'll find you on the MetroBUS or Marta!! That's not to say I won't find you on the MetroRAIL, because you're there too...but here in da ATL, I find that class divide is easily distinguishable on public transportation. Moreso than other cities I have been to with rapid transit systems. Even still, there has got to be some fine brotha, he could be a have or a have not, it don't matter, I just wanna have something to LOOK at when I find MY non-having self on the train...
I have much more to share contigo, but right now...lunch calls. So my assload of thoughts will wait to be published. Please DO return ~grinz~ Glad you returned....
My love jones moment -- "I'm really not tryin' to go out like that on the first date..." Found myself quotin' Nina Mosley this afternoon. Lunchtime got away from me...hehehehehe. He pointed out, it wasn't the *first* date, hell, does it even qualify as a *date* was the question in MY mind. I'm so.damn.jaded about dating and such, I can't even wrap my mind around what constitutes dating and forming relationships; but a sista got physical needs, and yet and still, I'm really trying to avoid a slippery slope. One thing leads to another and I am experimenting and experiencing things with someone I DON'T love or have any emotions for, just because. I mean, I should feel something, no? It has to be different this time. I've been down this road before, not really interested in re-visiting. My self-imposed hiatus has been was working, I suppose. So what the hell is really going on?
Enuff said...today.

2 comments:
yep...ya' had a lot on your mind...
cafe 290...haven't been there in about 5 years...will have to check it out soon...i hear tuesday night is a good night to go as well...
NASA...when the first shuttle blew up...i was in the 7th grade in chorus...the library assistant ran in frantic...the shuttle blew up. the shuttle blew up...if she did that ish today...she'd probably be sued by some parent for causing emotional injury to a bad @$$ kid...
ciara...she's a'ight...and that's all...
MARTA...is NOT smarta...
my loves jones moment...happened today...when i got an email that said...When you feel a breeze upon your shoulder, don't move!!! Just know that I am with you in mind, body, and soul...it's definitely got me jones'ing...
Lemme know what rail you riding on, and I MIGHT be able to handle that MARTA eyecandy fix you need...
Post a Comment