The National Black Arts Festival is here! Gosh, I am so inspired -- had to put my own lil' ad up on here LOL
This is my first year being involved, in any way. I'd heard about the National Black Arts Festival before, but until I arrived in Atlanta, I wasn't aware of its' significance, locally, nationally, abroad. It's amazing to see and hear passion expressed, and that is what this festival is all about -- passion for the cultural contributions of the African diaspora. Culture is so broad...and is represented in so many aspects of our daily living. We need to take time to appreciate that. That is what the National Black Arts Festival is all about. It's about education, exposure, experience. And how every encounter changes us. I was so moved by the words of the Executive Producer, Stephanie Hughley, today at the Sponsors' Luncheon (not to mention, I luv her name) as she passionately shared her highlights for the festival and encouraged us all to step outside of our normal thinking, and to embrace a different taste, a different expression of the arts, and to walk away with a new appreciation for, and advocate for the continued affirmation of artistic expression.

It is so much more than music.
It is so much more than movies.
It is so much more than theatre, more than dance, more than literature....it is the best of African Diaspora passion, exhibited for all the world to see, here in Atlanta, for the next 10 days.
If you are in the Atlanta area, I encourage you to find your way to an event. So much is going on, you can't miss it!

[Song of the Day: Purify Me, by India.Arie]

1 comments:
I need to find time to get to some of the events
Post a Comment