moving right along
Soo....July 4th came and went. It's a holiday I hate. Not for the obvious reasons. Granted, patriotic, I am not, and never will you find me draped in red white and blue, but July 4th is nothing but sad and painful memories for me....
The latest is being hospitalized for food-poisioning -- to this day I don't eat soft-shell crabs;
In between those:
My boyfriend was decapitated in a car accident on the 4th;
And had these things not all happened on the 4th, perhaps they wouldn't individually stick out in my memory so...clearly
But it's a yearly reminder all.at.once of all the pain....
So for a *holiday* celebration, it's usually very low-key for me. I shy away from people, events, tend to want to be.by.my.damn.self. 
This year however, I ventured north -- hit Nashville, TN, to hang out with a long lost friend that I hadn't seen in 8 years. I had such a GOOD time!! And we all know a visit to TN, isn't a visit to TN without a stop at the Jack Daniels Distillery...but dagnabit....the damn distillery is in a DRY.AZZED. COUNTY?#%^%##^$%&
Probably for the best thought, because it would just be more than a few accidents on those narrow country roads LOLOL I had my mouf all set for some Lynchburg Lemonade, and...that wasn't happening! LOL I used to drink those Cocktail Coolers religiously back in college -- freshman year. That was my beverage of choice. Anyhoo, it was fairly interesting, I've always been intrigued by the brewing processes of different forms of liquor, although absolutely nothing tops the process of how Guaro is made in Honduras!! You don't know? Get an invite to Chix and Waffles, have a shot....and I'll tell you all about it HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....whew!!
Speaking of which, we've got 6 months until part IV and logistical challenges abound. But I am confident all things will work out and with the way word is already spreading around, this one will be the biggest and best yet. Now Jan 1st is a holiday I can wrap my hands around and celebrate....it's just the fitting end to my month long birthday celebration....can hardly wait LOL
..::More to Come::..
[Song of the Day: "How Does It Feel" by Anita Baker]

2 comments:
definitely sorry to hear about how unfortunate the 4th is :(
I want to go to a distillery... but a dry county? wtf?? I wonder how many of those there are in the US. I recently went to TX and was SHOCKED that Copperas Cove was in a dry county. Thats so wierd to me.
Anyways- thanks for stoppin through girl :) Ill be back again!
DANG CHICK!!
Post a Comment