I got so dissed last night I still don't even believe it. I really would like my cynicism about dating to end, and be coupled up in a serious committed relationship, but when shit like this happens, it's not likely to be abated anytime soon. And serious relationship? Not looking likely...
Far be it for me to be holding on to something/one that doesn't want me -- I too have read He's Just Not That Into You -- but damn, what matters to me the MOST is courtesy.
Be courteous enough to NOT send mixed signals....
Be courteous enough to keep your word....
Be courteous enough to properly cancel, not just fail to show up....
Be courteous enough to answer my phone call/return my voicemail message....
I am a big girl and I can deal with whatever a brotha tells me; I would just appreciate word, of some sort, so I can learn from this mistake and do better next time.
I thought about this long and hard as I drove home from our "date" and I wondered where it went all wrong. I mean, it started out strong, but I guess we went about the whole thing wrong then? I know Karma is a bitch and all but I have NEVER been this rude to someone I was dating/interested in.
Again, I wonder...is it like this on the "Something New" side?????
I got caught up in the Myspace hype. Sad, ain't it? But I have a specific mission for that site -- to reconnect with folks from my past. But I've come to a couple of conclusions on this myspace trip:
1) I've been gone from California way too long -- I don't know/recognize these people who I supposedly went to HS/Jr. High with. Hell, the folks from college are looking mighty unfamiliar too. Who ARE these people? Have we really changed that much?I've criticized "friends lists" before and I have a tendency to be wary of any male that I come across that has 2,431,342,675,534,601,897,439,874 women on his list. Particularly if they are in various stages of undress. But then I look at my page with all these dudes -- what the hell? My consolation is that I actually KNOW/TALK TO/HANG OUT WITH the brothas I'm linked to. And they've got clothes on. If they didn't, I'd probably be weirded out because they are ACTUALLY MY FRIENDS (who wants to see their "friends" naked?! ewww....) It's not just IM fantasy...
2) It's much easier to track down the fellas than the women -- their names don't change. I look at my friends list and although it's short, it's mostly men. Is that a good look?
Yet, since I take issue with profiles with zillions of women, I wonder how mine, with growing numbers of men, is perceived. Well, since I'm already feeling like a freak, The Freak/Sex Meme, because at some point, my "men" issues will be resolved and I'll be back in the saddle again:
1. HAVE YOU GOTTEN LAID IN 2006?
What do YOU think?
2. EVER HAD SEX IN A PUBLIC PLACE?
Plenty times....but on "The Constitution" is my favorite public sexscapade!
3. EVER LAUGH DURING SEX? IF SO WHY?
Giggles...sometimes the shit just feels unbelieveably good.
4. EVER CRY DURING SEX? IF SO WHY?
See answer above.
5. DO YOU LIKE TO CUDDLE AFTER SEX?
Depends...
6. EVER REGRET SEX WITH SOMEONE?
Yes, when it's mediocre.
7. EVER FAKED AN ORGASM?
Of course.
8. DIRTY TALK, OR SHUT THE FUCK UP?
I'm a
9. EVER HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX?
Who hasn't?
10. EVER MASTERBATE TO YOUR FRIENDS SIGNIFICANT OTHER?
Ewwwyuck.
11. EVER HAVE A ONE NIGHT STAND?
I have one night stand, in my boudoir, and in it I have all the tools for question 10 (sans thoughts of my friends' significant other).
12. HOW BOUT A 3-SOME?
Been there, done that.
13. EVER WATCH PORN DURING SEX?
If he brings it. I don't need it, but I'll entertain the notion.
14. EVER THOUGHT OF SOMEONE ELSE DURING SEX?
Absolutely.
15. HAS THE CONDOM EVER BROKE?
Yea....
16. WHAT IS YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING SEXUAL EXPERIENCE?
Amongst my peers, I am probably the least embarrased and probably the most promiscuous. Particularly back in college. Back then, there was this Ghanaian engineering student who I had my eye on, and although my friends were afraid of "Continenal Sex", I was all about finding out. The first time I had sex with this guy from Ghana, he made me bleed. I was like "Oh damn, that African Mandingo shit is NO JOKE!" I was freaked out at first, but eventually he tamed my azz...and I LIKED it!
17. HOW OLD WERE YOU WHEN YOU LOST YOUR VIRGINITY?
Young...
18. WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE SEX WITH RIGHT NOW?
Hmmm...
19. DO YOU THINK THAT number 18 IS POSSIBLE?
Hmmm...
20. ARE YOU HORNY NOW?
At this exact second? No...but let it rain.
21. WOULD U HAVE SEX WITH THE PERSON THAT POSTED THIS?
His rotation is rather full already....

5 comments:
Who'd you get this from?
KZ
Sorry to hear about your date, but this is why I think black women need to expand their options by dating interracially. When you have a much wider pool of men available, you have many more choices.
I'm a black female who is happily married to a white man. See my blog:
http://www.bfinterracialmarriage.com
There are many men out there who will love you and treat you well, but I think many black women just limit themselves. Don't limit yourself--you only have one life!
Keep in mind that there are rotten men in all groups, just as there are wonderful men in all groups, so have fun but ALWAYS proceed with caution.
Oops!
My blog is
http://www.bfinterracialmarriage.blogspot.com
the no-show thing - he's an a$$ for that, but typical. Hate that too...
the meme - taking it now. Probably answer everything no...
and myspace? I refuse to comment on the grounds that it may incriminate me.
2,431,342,675,534,601,897,439,874???? Either I need to get to work, or quit 'cause I am waaaaaay to far behind.
Post a Comment