4.19.2005

I was just thinking about you...


Is there anyone running across your mind?


YES, lawd...and I guess I need to admit it. Maybe then I can release it?

My first TRUE love, yes, he is running across MY mind. I just want somebody to find out and tell me -- is he married, does he have kids, what is he doing, where is he living, does he ever think about me? Well, I think I know what he is doing, professionally. Metacrawler gives good results LOL

There was one brief AIM communication in late 2001. Then, I saw him a couple years ago on the train. We were cordial, but there were no sparks or anything. Granted the last time we saw each other face to face prior to running into each other on the Green Line, he'd just accused me of stealing (a Jill Scott CD no less) and called me a trifling bitch. And I'd slammed the door in his face and went to bed. That was the tail end of a rather loud "domestic dispute" -- and we'd not seen each other since.

But, I've caught myself thinking about him, and even saying I miss him...at least privately...hadn't said it publicly, before now.

We were so young then - I can't even fathom what a relationship would be like with him now. Yet, I still want to know how he's doing and how life is for him. There are times when I miss his humor, his laugh, how his presence complemented mine -- sometimes I catch myself wondering how he would respond to something, his comments, his reactions. I appreciated his advice, and miss it moreso right now because I am in the midst of transition. We really were good friends. I could use a dose of his realism...

It doesn't help that I recently met a brotha that reminds me of him. Will I be guilty of projecting? Lawd help me...

So if anyone cares to find out what my ex is doing...let a sista know, k?

[Song of the Day: "Cross My Mind" by Jill Scott]

2 comments:

Shelia said...

It's natural to think about your ex every now and then. Don't feel bad. I sometimes think about my ex, but then I remember why he is an ex in the first place (smile).

Anonymous said...

My ex broke up with me several years ago and I can't stop thinking about him. It sucks! I really wish I could erase him from my memory but he was the love of my life, I guess. Even though he was a jerk at times. He called me out of the blue recently and I met him and we immediately had a fight. It seemed like he was thinking about me a lot but I know that it would never work out between us. Anyway, he has a family now.............