4.27.2005

Closer II

"I can't take my eyes...
Did I say that I loathe you?
Did I say that I want to
Leave it all behind?"
~ Damien Rice

Can you really be with someone that doesn't truly exist?

For the longest time, she thought it had to be her....
She saw the signs
She read the books, shit,
She had more than a second look...

But that nigga caught her...dreamin'!

NOTHING was as it seemed. Maybe she encouraged the situation, she kept trying to figure it out, make it work

-- make.him.tell.her.the.truth --

just like ol' boy in Closer, complete with hysterics, but no one took off their clothes or got paid, in this nightmare. That might've made for some additional entertainment, though LOL

For however much she might have thought she was crazy in hindsight, for not asking the right questions, and taking his/hers/their words as truth, falling for that shit, you have to be a special.kinda.crazy to come up with the shit they did:

  • all manner of globe-trotting
  • killing off family members
  • breeding dogs
  • even a winning lottery ticket in the mix...somebody had to bankroll this bullshit
  • oh, and let's not forget, someone she'd never met, let alone spoken to, claiming he'd slept with her. Who the hell are these people?! Who really exists and who doesn't?!
It's almost unbelieveable, truly bestseller bullshit, her enabling contributions included LMAO Maybe one day. And apparently, it continues....hay que lastima.

But for the record, this nightmare is over, and she's begun to dream again. Granted, he/she/they probably *Can't Explain* the rationale for that brand of crazy, and who knows if therapy, pills, or even prayer can release him/her/them, but she can no longer be concerned with that.

Karma is REAL.

Watching Closer brought all this back to mind, amazing coincidences in that plot line and this story. The deception, the dishonesty, the casual betrayal. She was fooled, and left feeling foolish, but as Jilly from Philly reminds us:

"Just because you lived and lost, doesn't mean you stop loving"

2 comments:

..Sue...Zette... said...

Morena..thank you for sharing this girl

Jazz said...

I HAVE GOT TO SEE THAT MOVIE.