

It's my grandfather and I last month...he's still kickin -- and so is his mother, my great-grandmother, Odie. She'll be 100 next year, and we've got something in the works to celebrate!
Spent the day today with my brother and his family. One of the joys of moving close to my siblings is being able to celebrate holidays, birthday, togetherness on a much more frequent basis. Particularly since my brother didn't grow up with us, we've only gotten close as adults. And his kids have a particular way of bringing us even closer -- all their questions, their desire for answers about their family, how my sister and I grew up, what we knew about their father, what memories we all share about our grandparents, what we can tell them about their grandparents -- they ask, we answer, and it brings out so much meaningful interaction.
Today, I gave my brother a photo of him as a child. He couldn't have been more than 1 years old, standing in the backyard of our PapaJack's house in Pritchard, AL. I got it from our aunt in California that I visited last month, for the final time. She probably won't be around much longer and she insisted that I have it. As a gift, and it opened up new conversations about our family, our grandparents, our aunts, uncles and our desire to ensure that this generation and future generations keep the communication open....the more we talk, the better we get along, the more we learn. Spurred by an aunt, with a history lesson from a brother...I continue to be proud of the love shown by the Fathers in my family.
encouragement you give,
the legacy of love you pass along...
With thankfulness for the blessing you are to family....
Happy Father's Day to all the Father's/Father-figures out there.....
..::More to Come::..

0 comments:
Post a Comment