8.16.2005

It's been a weekend....

The fam bam is in town until late evening. Moms' Sales Celebration and Conference went off pretty well. There's grumblings about *service* in Atlanta and how people are treated. Me dunno...I wasn't really there for all the fiascos, but the Marriott corporation will have to answer for it. He he he he....Mister was in the house on Saturday night. Because I am a people-watcher, I was highly entertained by the people trying to get next to him for one reason or another....The DJ was hot. Gotta admit the playlist was on point! Even had me-with-my-everlasting-headache moving in my seat. Moms got awarded and recognized and even got her face plastered in the latest catalog -- Sister got her "Living to Your Potential" award...by default LMAO but that's another story....All in all, I am glad it's OVER.

I feel like I have been eating all damn week. Too much food not enough sexer....exercise. Ants invaded our pantry over a week ago -- threw out all the damn food, aint had shit in the house since, been eating out. I really just want a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios. For real for real.... But I got leftovers from fiddy-'leven places in the fridge....and it's Restaurant Week, too! The source of that ant trail better make itself known soon, cuz my girlish figure can't take THIS type of diet much longer. I gots weddings and homecomings to go to LOLOLOL

Surprise of my weekend has been Stone Mountain Park. I just wasn't knowin'...I didn't know much about it before arriving save for that huge azz confederate carving and lawd knows I think the actual *mountain* has got to be the.ugliest.thing.in north Georgia, so anxious to visit, I wasn't. But the moment I arrived, this weird sense of *comfort* enveloped me. I honestly didn't feel like I was even in the south anymore. I dunno what that was all about, but I head back for the final days of our institute later this morning. I am actually looking forward to being out there. Maybe it's the foilage. Trees, forests, nature....it ALWAYS calms me......

Last realization of the weekend: You might be a slut puppy if.....

You're listening to late night radio...you know love, talk, and slow jams kinda shit, and every song they play over the course of the 4 hour program reminds you of a different person, none of which happens to be the brotha whose bed you're lying in....ay dios mio

But I tell myself, "...if it's any consolation...most of those songs were dated, so that was a different timeframe. Your life is nothing like that now...can't remember the last song attached to a lover HA HA HA HA..." I dunno if that's funny or not. Me thinks, not....but it's late, and I'm going to bed...by my damnself.....

..::More to Come::..

0 comments: