8.09.2005

Just wanna type these thoughts out...

May Peter Jennings rest in peace....that was a shock to wake up to yesterday morning. I knew he was ill, but I guess I too, thought he'd beat this and come back. I've always admired his *style* of journalism. I remember going to see him during a lecture series at Howard. He came off so down to earth. Aware. Genuine. If I wasn't before, I became a fan of ABC news after that. What I DO know is that wherever I was in the world, I could always turn on the tele and find an ABC World News Tonight broadcast -- and that would be a lil slice of home.....

Damn, then I hear John H. Johnson has passed....may he rest in peace. Lawd knows Ebony has become rather janky, but JET hasn't changed. Will forever be good bathroom reading HAHAHAHA Gotta admire what he built from so little, and how he altered the landscape of marketing and publishing.

And since I hadn't mentioned it before, "Burnt Toast and Coffee Time" is no more...may David Haynes rest in peace as well. DC news will never be the same...

Aight...enuff with the death. How 'bout some life?

Fly is having a baby! I am soo excited for her and her hubby. It's just one, but maybe next time she can push our 2, or 3, or...6 so I can have one HAHAHAHAHA. I am so thrilled for her; it's want they've wanted for so long and I pray for her a healthy pregnancy.

CD should be droppin' her son any day now. It's exciting to me, to watch my friends families' grow. It's so special to be able to participate in the child's life, to become an "auntie" all over again. I waiver on motherhood for myself, but never will I tire of being "Auntie sj..."

And the old folks are heading this way here. We'll be celebrating Mommie's birthday with a bash at Ray's on the River this weekend. The weather should cooperate, so hopefully it'll be extra nice out. If I get anything from my mother, it is definitely her party sense -- she's been known to celebrate for over 30 days...and with each year, it seems the bash gets bigger, due in part to her ever growing *family.* Miami, New Orleans, Chicago...and this year the A...and just about all of our immediate fam bam is here, too! Yep, should be a fun time :)

::More to Come::

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennings was a great journalist. It came as a surprise to me too. I thought he'd be alright :(

..Sue...Zette... said...

Girl I hear Ray's on the River is the bomb...Happy Birthday to your Mommy