"Cause I love what you do to me...."
Sooo....about a week ago, I was in recovery mode. From my mini-vacation.
It started in Avalon, on Catalina Island....
Got off the boat, spent some time in this colorful, historical, lil' town...even got up close and personal with the Bison. Played *tourist* to the hilt, (even had some tree-hugger/environmentalist guilt while on the glass bottom boat tour -- that practice should really end, all it does is fuck up marine equilibrium and what not) and wish I had photos to show for it, alas....maybe next time. Digicams aren't all they are cracked up to be sometimes, but I digress. Didn't get a chance to go inside the Casino, but for those of you that will be out west in October, here's a lil' secret...something not to be missed! (Complete with a tribute to Luther...gotta luv dat!)
Then mosied on up to Santa Barbara and can I just tell you...my GAWD that is a beautifully calming place! I couldn't fully appreciate all that Santa Barbara is last time I was there for a college tour when I was still in high school. But now!! The drive up is spectacular on a beautiful clear day and for a landlocked sista, being that close to water again is life-affirming in ways I can't put into words. If only it wasn't in California, but alas....
Yanno what? This has taken too long. I really tried to type out "what my summer vacation was/meant to me" but I really can't adequately put it all into words.
Back in New York
Back in DC
Doing all I wanted to
With my FRIENDS
"I wanna dance all
I wanna dance all
I wanna dance all night..."
What else really needs to be said?
[Song of the Day: "Do You Love What You Feel" by Chaka Khan]

2 comments:
Girl where did you go? To the sun! :)
Glad you are feeling good girl! I need that! Soon!
Post a Comment