Technically, the seasons changed today. But it sure doesn't feel like it. In fact, I spent a good part of my afternoon getting kissed by the sun. All Chocolate Charm, baby....all chocolate charm.
And Hurricane Rita is unbelievable. I'm a spectator yet again, and it just seems to me that there HAS to be a better way when it comes to these evacuations. That is madness on the highways in Texas right now. In about 24 hours, Rita hits -- just how far will all those vehicles have traveled? My god, that gridlock and the approaching storm together give new meaning to "an accident waiting to happen....."
My one experience with a Hurricane was pretty much a non-event, save for the lack of power for 5 days after. I truly don't know how I would react if faced with the situations residents of NOLA and Houston are dealing with. I do know that "The A" is the farthest south I ever plan to set up residence. I love the water, si, but damn being a sitting duck for a hurricane.
I hope moms hears from the fam-bam in Houston...and that they've found their way north, west, somewhere else....
Can't wait for the leaves to change colors; the cool, crisp air. It'll be time for a good hiking trip by then. Time for somebody to take me out into the trees and work.me.ova....just like Whitney said HA!!
..::More to Come::..

0 comments:
Post a Comment