Lemme put down the Gumbo so I can get this all typed out.
Didya have a good Christmas?
I did. Really. The old folks are in town, bless 'em. Two realizations -- Moms is never truly satisfied and my father is paranoid. A few more days of all this family and togetherness, I am trying to enjoy it all with the sincere hope that we are all still getting along when they get back on that plane.
Went to church in the morning then spent the day with the Lil People. Over the last week or so, I've spent more time than I EVER cared to in Toys 'R Us, KB Toys, Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy and COSTCO searching for a Karaoke machine with camera. Moms had the great idea she wanted to see her grandbaby enjoy himself with a Karaoke machine. He didn't disappoint. Granted, as my sister and I picked out Karaoke CDs to play on Christmas day the songs skewed towards her designs of channeling Shania Twain in hopes of securing a choir spot -- and I just knew I could do "Ju
mpin' Jumpin'" better than DC anyday. In the end, I do a damn good rendition of Native New Yorker if I DO say so myself. But that 3 year old...I keep saying that one needs to be in acting school, he is a natural Surprisingly, I've been gifted from my wishlists. I got much grief for that concept from those that claim they love me, but I knocked quite a few things off that list this month. All in all, this is my favorite time of the year, and December 2005 has been wonderful. I had a fabulous time in DC for my birthday and we got KP married off in the Winter Wonderland Wedding she so desired. The come-hithers
were fierce despite the fact I could hardly stand by the time I got off the dance floor. Lawd knows bridesmaids dresses are generally exercises in fashion disaster, and I spent good money on something I will never wear again, but those shoes.....still seeking that man worthy for an "exhibition!" *giggle*And for the record Duke's City is my new fave spot on U Street. They treated a sista VERY WELL, complete with serenade and private party access LOL Even had a group stalker -- followed us up and down U street, gotta luv dat, me thinks LOL 32 was one to remember....
I wind down this year with a new job, on the hunt for a new place to live, and a desire for life-affirming love. I've gone back to church, I've lost and gained weight...and friends. I feel like I am on the right track, if you will, for the first time in a long time and I can't wait to see what 2006 brings.
Those of you in the DC/MD/VA area....don't forget ---->> C&WIV. Yes, you are invited, bring a drink, bring ya friends. See ya AFTER midnight.
My gumbo's getting cold...I will check in again before I hit DC.
Happy Kwaanza, folks!
..::More to Come::..

6 comments:
Glad your Christmas went well. I had a wonderful Christmas myself.
Here's to finding a permanent good lover and a beautiful place to live.
Morena, have you left us here in the Peach?
I enjoyed reading your blog! Glad that you had a great Christmas. We did too. Peace, BP~
Thanks for stopping by folks with the good words!
Hey Diva -- nope I haven't sprung the Peach, I'm just going "home" for my NYE bash. I'll be back on Monday (bleh bleh bleh LOL)
Everyone have a SAFE and joyous new year! Be easy ~ sj
Oh my! What a lovely foot jewel...read: I love those shoes! :o)
I was sick for Christmas. Glad somebody had a good one. LOL
Post a Comment