4.12.2006

Seeking Sunshine

Nah, last night the DJ didn't save my life, but....today, EJ made my day. I've been listening to Brainstorm all.day.long! And Enchantment...I don't think I realized just how much of their catalog I really enjoyed. I need a greatest hits CD, like quick! Man, I MISS WHUR! Radio doesn't compare in the A.....

Anyhoo, so yanno, this whole fasting for lent thing -- that went by the wayside last weekend when my girlz were in town, but I tried, I really did. Damn a Food Network. Why do I get sucked in?! For the record, although fried grease, sugar, and salt have been my favorite food groups for years now, I am a sucker for baby greens tossed with raspberry walnut vinaigrette, topped with feta cheese, glazed walnuts, and dried cranberries. I will wolf down that salad like I'm hiding somethin'! Truth is I gotta do better about my diet and this fasting thing has served as an impetus, parts of which I can and should probably continue. Especially since this "aging" process is kickin' into gear. Geesh....we talked about that this weekend. I am feeling the changes, the doctors are confirming the changes....it's amazing, I tell ya. I feel my youth slipping away from me, slowly. Lawd knows I am not trying to chase that fountain of youth, but geesh, could I have least gotten some warning before the attack on my vitality? So, I'm praying over these diet and exercise changes and choices and leaning on faith that I will be sustained. I realized this evening that I do have angels all around me and I am SO thankful for that. I have to begin to live for the days that come -- to ensure I am making the most of the future that these angels are helping me to see.

These angels -- friendship is a beautiful thing. I spent good time with old friends and new this past weekend and it restored me in a such a way! I miss my friends! I have my family here, and I have made some new friends and acquaintances, but my f r i e n d s -- the folks I have grown with over the last 5 or 10 or so years....we aren't physically close anymore and, gosh, I do miss them. So this past weekend was particularly fulfilling -- funny enough, my best friend commented that something must've gone on, as he hadn't seen any pics and that is one thing that results from any gathering I'm involved in -- photographic evidence LOL

[As an aside, I've come to notice that in damn near every picture of me and my friends we are blitzed or on our way to it. Hard pressed to find a photo where someone doesn't have a glass in hand or bottle or chillin' with bartenders or serving as bartenders, what the hell? If you looked at my pics, you'd swear we were raging alcoholics -- this was really brought home to me at C&WIV. Gotta do better]
Yanno, I don't think this weekend could accurately be captured -- it was just great to be together, the fellowship, the sistahood. Pics wouldn't have done any justice....and there are pics, on someone else's cam, but lawd only knows when those will see the light of day LOL Maybe next time....

So, another sista is getting married this coming weekend, a couple of new lives have entered my world, including my godchild, Jayden, who really IS the cutest.lil'.man.eva and I am happy about all the joy!

Weeping may endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning....I look toward the sunrise!

..::More to Come::..
[Song of the Day: "Sunshine" by Enchantment]

0 comments: