This is a bigger story than the coverage it is getting, clearly. I find it appalling, this code of silence -- and I'm torn about holding the sole brotha on the team to a higher fault, simply because he is a brotha. I mean, it bothers me that all of them are silent, that this incident happened at all, and I wonder the effect of this coach's resignation. But just how much of a brotha is he if he's playing lacrosse? What "brothas" do YOU know that play lacrosse? Somebody please educate me on that....
Speaking of a lack of education, this is disheartening, particularly because he is a leader in South Africa -- and ironically, a former AIDS official. The rape charge is bad enough -- to publicly state that you took a shower as means to preventing the spread of HIV after unprotected sex with an HIV-positive woman? WHAT THE F*CK? I've not been to South Africa, but I've read the reports, I've heard the stats, I'm aware of the challenges AIDS activists have faced dealing with the government and AIDS education, but damn. 2 steps forward, and then 8 steps back when you hear about this kinda ish.....
My girl, Cynthia McKinney. I just don't know. I completely understand her story and find it quite believable. It's highly probably that she did strike that officer. Is this incident worthy of charges? I doubt it. Is it about a hairdo -- it's more than that. Are "they" whomever "they" are, out to make an example out of her -- I think so. "They've" already starting going through her campaign records, making motions to file for the upcoming primary elections, "they" are going after her supposed vulnerability. Yet, "they" fail to realize how supported and strong she is. They thought that had he out when that fluke Majette won her seat, but that was a two year hiatus, nothing more. So I do believe that she'll beat this, just like she did that officer HA!
Last but not least -- this is why I love the Food Network -- a Corn Palace? Who knew?..... LOL
[Song of the Day: "Fly Like a Bird" by Mariah Carey]
4.05.2006
Views of News
Posted by sj-the-infamous at 5.4.06
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
You make me smile. I've mentally added you to my list of loved folks! :o)
Awww...tankuberrymuch, Greggy :) Much luv to you too!
Wow, I didn't know a brotha was involved in this story! I've followed this story by headlines only.
I hear Black people don't compete in Winter Olympic events like speed skating either.
The brutha that plays Lacrosse probably looks black, but whiter than his teammates after your start talking to him.
CYnthia Mckinley, oh yea, she is fine one. i mean that literally. but i don't like the new 'do. i love the braids...
but she is hardcore. i love her
Post a Comment