9.21.2004

I need a puppy

[Song of the day: "Sooner or Later" by Samson]

It's AMAZING RACE night!! GO KIM AND CHIP!! I am soo excited!!

Damnit they are about to clean out my voicemail box! Mad about it! I have some special messages saved that I don't WANT to loose, but I guess having VM is a "perk?" that others have abused here at the oficina so we all get busted. I've been guilty in the past of letting messages pile up, but there are only 2 I have kept for about a year now. They are special, genuine messages that I really would rather KEEP. I remember how people fought to save voicemails after the 9/11 tragedy, particularly if the message was the last word from a loved one that died that day. For the longest time, after my grandmother passed, my grandfather kept her voice on his answering machine.

One of the messages is from moms, sharing her thoughts on the 10th anniversary of MamaDear's passing, the next of which is later this week. So it's sadly ironic I have to lose her words after they've lasted almost a year.

The other gives me a bellyaching chuckle. My sister, doing an extended 4+ minute long rendition of Happy Birthday, while I was in Belize. Something to greet me when I came back to the office. She got so many renditions of Happy Birthday up in that voicemail ROFLMAO...I can just picture her dancing right along with her off-key singing. Shit is hysterical. And it's about to be gone, too.

And speaking of gone...I admit I was a little gone earlier this year during
conversations (see The Pressure, Pt.2, dated 22 Febrero) moms and I had about my cousin's last pregnancy. Well, I've calmed down since then, although I am not any closer to having my own, I did get a chance to see the lil bugger whose birth caused all the tense feelings.


He's a cutie patootie, but he cry too damn much LOL Maybe I ain't cut out to play mommy right now. Whining gets on my damn nerves!! I should just stick to my auntie role for the time being I suppose. They should be soo thrilled about that HAHAHAHAHA

Quote of the Day: "Puppies are loyal, frisky, always available and do as told. Not to mention adorably cute. Puppies are "the man"!!!" Enuff said!

0 comments: