[Song of the day: So Very Hard To Go, by Tower of Power]
So I hear that the Wash Metro area has the 3rd worst traffic in the country, behind LA and San Fran. I do believe that this study put out by the Texas Transportation Institute or something like that only measured car traffic as a method of transportation. But this morning as I was sitting on yet another delayed Red Line train, stuck somewhere between Fort Totten and Rhode Island Avenue, that much of my time is not only wasted and whiled away in a car, but increasingly on a damn Metro train! And let's not get started on the bus and why it takes at least an hour to get from my house to Silver Spring if I catch any bus after 6:50 in the damn morning!! But I shouldn't be surprised, I mean I was watching the news/traffic report this morning at 6:20, looking at the sea of red lights on the Beltway and 95, at six fluckin twenty in the damn morning and there was already heavy congestion. Even if I was to drive, which I seriously entertained when Metro raised it fares, there is just no way I can physically push myself out the house to avoid traffic backups that must begin before the crack of dawn. So I sit and fume with the rest of my Metro bus and train riding comrades, and read all about it in the Style Section of the Post.
So its CBCF weekend and "these people" are in town by the droves. Cos' is one of the keynote speakers, and I'll find my way into the hoopla one way or the other. Some folks proclaim this to be the adult version of freaknic, women on the husband hunt, men on the pussy patrol. Has it really been 11 years since my first CBC-ALW experience?! I think I will pass on all that, but there are a few issues forums and braintrusts that I have to find my way into. Besides, it is at the new convention center; I am sure I can be of assistance to help some fione, lost, brotha find HIS way HAHAHAHAHA And it is also Black Family Reunion weekend as well. I hope the weather is nice because we don't go out in the rain. And rain and its accompanying floods are something we have had enough of around dese hea partz....Frances can go on wit dat!!
Speaking of Frances...and Ivan and who only knows what their next sibling will be named, I dunno how I am feeling about this name of hurricanes thing. It so personalizes these destructive forces of nature. Have you seen what Ivan did to Grenada and Barbados yet? Sooo "Ivan came through," like it was a fluckin' visitor! WTF?!?! Hurricanes are clearly nuthin' to cluck at, neither are tornadoes and I hear one is heading my way as I type. Why am I still in this building?!?!? I'd take a earthquake over a tornado anyday -- as I said earlier, it's 15 seconds of shake, rattle, and roll...and it's over with. Kinda like sex with a man over 30 LMAO
Well looky hea...I'z in da HOT SEAT over behind da Dour. How did THAT happen?! Don't they know Chocolate melts when heated LMAO
..::More to Come::..

0 comments:
Post a Comment