day when...
Is that thunder I hear/feel shaking the building? Can't be good.
I hang up with my sister and look at the clock on the bottom of my screen -- it's time to go. I go about shutting down -- music off, shuffling papers, blowing out candles, stacking shit up, to do lists/piles for manana and what not. Drop the specs for Mommie's birthday gift in my bag, pull my purse out my drawer, get my keys...where's my cell?
Now, it has been sitting on top of my phone pad the better part of the afternoon. Right now, all that's on top of the phone pad is
which has been rotating ALL DAY. Cuz I've been in a Time's a Wastin' kinda funk for a bit now...
I'm like, WTF, I just had it -- digging through my bag, it's not where in the pocket where it normally is, it's also not in my purse, so where did I put it that quickly? Shuffling shit around, desk is gonna be a mess in the morning, but I gotta find this phone. Not in my drawers -- ok, what have I done in the last 1 minute and 14 seconds to lose the damn phone? Lucky for me, it's on....for a change, so I dial. And wait.....
Is that my trash can ringing?
What da hell? Is that telling or what? Considering it is the only way of reaching me. Laugh out loud fo' real fo' real...
All I remember tossing in the trash was my lunch beverage, but alas....
Granted, I've talked more to my sister this afternoon that anyone really needs to about something of which neither of us know diddly squat about. I had to let her know she was "yelling" more than once; I do believe she mentioned her rising blood pressure a couple times, but it is what it is when you are trying to get ya moms birthday shit in order. Yes, her birthday shit, cuz it's always something XTRA. This year, it's this.
I, sj-the-infamous aka Morena to you, know absolutely nada about said devices. Don't own one, didn't want one, but as it is with new gadget of moms, I am her "technical support" so I better either get one myself or learn quickly. This afternoon has been the start of a crash course. All to be learned, downloaded, sync'ed, and wrapped up nicely by Thursday.
Now to decide on a playlist, a cover, speaker system and gawd only knows else what....
She'll be surprised!
vacation anyone?
..::More to Come::..

1 comments:
Maybe it's just me and my peanut sized brain, but I'm lost reading this post (lol). ;o)
SD (Back up in the Hizzy)
Post a Comment