It's time for my Annual Attitude Adjustment. By that I mean, a trip home. It's funny how, now that I'm living in Atlanta, I am claiming LA as home again. Guess that just means, ATL is still growing on me...I've been saying that for almost a couple years now....
Anyhoo, I'm noticed that every year about this time, I head west -- normally for a vacation of some sort, and I tack on a stopover at the ol' folks house. But this time, it's a turnaround trip more or less. With all this airline/airport hoopla, I'm fearful I'll spend more time in airports/on the plane going to and fro than I will on the ground in LA. But nevertheless, it'll still be a time to adjust my attitude about alot of things. Time with Mommie and Daddy and Papa always seems to revitalize me, and I am very much looking forward to it.
I need an attitude adjustment on this whole "relocation" thang, clearly. I say I am ready to make Atlanta home, but my actions aren't following through.
I need an attitude adjustment on this whole dating thing, obviously. My frustration is apparent, and apparently driving the menz away. I mean, how can it be that someone tells me I'm beautiful every.single.day and I not have a date every weekend?
I need an attitude adjustment on this whole diet plan, truthfully. My eating habits aren't habits -- I need consistent healthy eating. I gotta plan better. Weight Watchers provided the structure before, I think I need it back.
I need an attitude adjustment on the whole family thing, honestly. I need some talkin' to about my brother and sister-in-law and the kidz. We all need to do better, it ain't just me. My indifference is a problem though. I know it, and everyone feels it.
I need an attitude adjustment on the friends thing, supposedly. *Giggles* Now THAT'S comedy. Ok, but how many passes/chances should one get? Looking in the mirror, how many passes/chances have I used? Interesting question...
Maybe I'll have answers when I return, maybe I won't. But I'll relish the journey anyhow. See y'all on the other side.
..::More to Come::..
8.24.2006
Triple A
Posted by sj-the-infamous at 24.8.06
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment