11.12.2013

#7040 gratitude

Incredibly blessed doesn't even begin to describe the weekend I just spent in LA. Over a year ago the seed was planted to host a birthday party with my mother Helen Jackson  to celebrate our milestone birthdays. My Mommie is an incredible human being, and I was determined to celebrate HER in a magnificent way. For all she has been to so many people -- confidant, guide, cheerleader, supporter, protector, champion, counselor -- this was to be a chance for all those that love her to honor her compassion and commitment and wisdom and love toward all of us.

I was looking ahead to 40, probably more than she was looking forward to 70...but then, life's curveball almost took me out! I was losing a battle with my health and suddenly it seemed like 39 could really be it for your girl. 40 clearly wasn't promised, and this scare changed ALL our lives...

I still haven't found the words to talk about the enormous changes to my existence these last 12 months have brought, but I am still alive, able to breathe, walk, talk, and stand now, and to me and my family, that was cause for celebration. So me, my cute dress, and my beads got our dance on this past weekend! LOL  But it is all God's grace, our faith, the prayers of the righteous and my perseverance brought us to this point, and that is why this #7040dayparty was a celebration of LIFE.  The full and wonderful and SENSATIONAL life my Mommie continues to have at 70 and the spectacular and FANTASTIC life I am embarking upon as I approach 40!

This #7040dayparty #7040extravaganza was a celebration to remember and I will be forever grateful to my sister Rochelle Jackson, and a plethora of family and friends who helped make it happen! To everyone that showed up, and those that were there in spirit, Mommie and I were extremely honored by your love and kindness. Blessed to know you all and thankful for your presence. This gift of life is a precious thing and I appreciate that you took the time to celebrate with us :)

We had an awesome photographer, a fabulous photo booth, and smartphone video clips galore, all of which will be shared in the days to come. I hope you will enjoy the memories as much as we do!

#7040dayparty #7040extravaganza

0 comments: