11.17.2013

Our Stuff For Sale

A little over a month ago, I got a ding that my item had sold on Tradesy.

Mind you, it's been damn near a year since I posted anything for sale. So I'd completely FORGOTTEN I'd had anything up there.

Last fall during a biz trip to Los Angeles, I saw a morning show segment on the reseller, touting the ease and success people were having selling items they no longer wanted. At the time, I thought it would be a perfect way to help my mother rid her house of junk.  She and my father have become a semi-hoarders. But like I tell them all the time, you can't take this ish with you. Might as well get rid of it now.

So selling stuff and making money off their "prized possessions?" That would be a winning proposition for Moms. So we started small -- I asked her for 5 items.  Took her a full day to decide which items to post, but she finally gave me 3. A dress, a coat and a pair of shoes.

I signed up for Tradesy, took photos, wrote crafty descriptions, posted the 3 items, priced them and waited.

And waited.

Waited some more.

Forgot I was waiting.

11 months later -- we have a sale. The SHOES!!

I hope Mommie still has them! Of course she does, she hasn't yet mastered giving all her stuff away yet.  LOL

Tradesy made this sale a breeze. Provided the shipping kit. Mommie got the shoes and shipped them. Money was deposited in my PayPal account. So, now that we have had our first sale, I'm finally posting some new items. Shoes I've never worn. A dress I've worn once. Hoping to make a little chump change before the end of the year.

If you feel so inclined, check out this latest little ditty to go for sale: A beautiful white, winter pea coat. Be a darling beauty this winter!!

..:: More to Come ::..


0 comments: