11.08.2013

Mailbox Misfortunes


Wonders NEVER cease.

Been in a bit of a spat with one of my neighborhood service providers.  Came home one afternoon the find my mailbox damaged. Clearly it had been struck with some force, and the wood bar had been smashed and cracked, leaving the actual mailbox dangling. 

That this "accident" occurred on the same day as my refuse pick up was an interesting coincidence.

When I contacted the company, I got the expected blowback. Immediate denial. Calls for an investigation. Delays, runaround, delays, BS and more delays. So I got my County Government involved, because, it turns out, due to "market conditions" there's one sole provider for this service in my neighborhood. As I explained so politely to my County Commissioner, there is no way in hell I'd be patronizing a business that damaged my property and got away with it.

In the meantime, my mailbox struggled with the elements, but managed to remain standing. That's because the FIRST time my mailbox was smashed I had the replacement CEMENTED in the ground! So the post stood strong, as the mailbox moved ever closer to the ground each day.

Finally, got a call from the area manager with one final denial. I missed that call and it went to VM.  However, some 3-4 hours later, I answered a call from the same area manager, and he stated the following: "We've replaced your mailbox."

Say WHAT?!


Sure enough, this is what I saw when I got home that night.
Now, I hadn't specifically ASKED for that, yet, in my communications, nor had I given them any PERMISSION to work on my property, but I have a new mailbox. It's not exactly how what I had before, but it seems functional.  Even if my  grass is all torn up and this mailbox isn't cemented in. So, I suppose I am pleased with the outcome. Now, I betta NOT get a bill in the mail...and my mailbox betta stay standing for quite some time now! Or we're GONNA have ANOTHER misunderstanding LOL

Shout out to a responsive County Government, for a change. Who knew? HA!

0 comments: