One of the things I most enjoy about The Twitter is the hashtag function, especially while watching TV. Before I really got into Twitter, my friends and I used to Google Chat debates and award shows, often incorporating a drinking game into the fun -- quite a few times I'd end up rather plastered. Drunk chatting anyone? LOLOL
In any case, with Twitter, since most of these interactions are with people I wouldn't know from Adam...or Eve, it takes on a different life and tone sometimes. Stories on Buzzfeed and Reddit and elsewhere abound about Twitter Beef and what not, and Black Twitter is a new thing these days. But for me, the joy lies in the hashtag chats and live tweeting TV.
#Unsung
#Scandal
#CowboysNation
#SpoonieChat
#The GoodWife
I'd say those are my top 5 favorite threads. Those and anything @honesttoddler says. ANY and EVERYTHING. I could follow everything that account states and giggle 'til my sides hurt. Honest Toddler makes me Holler! LMAO
Interestingly enough, these are online convos that I have with strangers -- I suppose that is the way social media turns. But friends? We don't do the online chats anymore. We may discuss TV shows, but it's because of that traditional method of communication: phone call LOL I don't watch a lot of TV, but I can count on getting updates of anything I may have missed because of The Twitter :) #gottaluvdat
..::More to Come::..
11.20.2013
Hashtagging Twitter
Posted by sj-the-infamous at 20.11.13
Labels: NaBloPoMo, television, The Twitter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment