I was actually looking forward to it. Dinner with friends. It has been a long while since I had last joined this group for a good time out. What with my illness and then my time abroad...finally, a date had been scheduled that I could participate in! And...they were going to a spot I'd been longing to try, ever since I'd sampled at the Taste of Atlanta.
Got dressed (and I was cute, too, with my glasses on LOL), didnt' snack -- because planned to do DAMAGE at the table, ya heard? Especially on those filet medallions and chicken and waffles LOL
But the Lord our God must have had other plans for me, because as I was making my way down South Fulton Parkway, one of Bambi's relatives darted out in front of my car!
Praise all things holy that I live to tell of the encounter, however, my car sustained some damage.
- Busted and cracked passenger side headlight
- Busted fog light
- Dent to the hood and grill
It happened so fast! Just as they say such accidents occur. I don't know what happened to the deer -- it darted off the road. It was dark out, so I drove to the next exit and pulled into a lot to examine the damage. I'm thankful that I'm ok, that no one else was hurt, but still a bit shaken up. So, I decided to come on home. No din-din for me :(
Ironically, my car turned 10 years old, just this week! I had planned to get her detailed in celebration of such a long and sustained life! Love my ride -- ain't tryna buy another right now. But I'll be deductible poor getting her repaired. Hope to get a few more great years out of her!!
Tomorrow morning, headlight or not, I will be in the house of the Lord. Giving thanks for yet another day. Truly. But first, I gotta eat -- all this hoopla has got a girl HUNGRY!! :)

2 comments:
Cousin I'm so grateful that you are ok! I love you much & take care. God Bless. MUAH XOXOXOXOXO!
Thanks cousin! I'm blessed to still be here, indeed. Could've been much worse. Lots of love to you as well.
Post a Comment