[Song of the day: "Free" by LeShell Griffin]
I'm late.
And no, I don't mean my period, for a change (my gawd, did I just say that?! LMAO)
I'm just now paying attention to LeShell Griffin. I'd "heard" about Oprah's pop star challenge and, truthfully, I am past done with these contests because these folks generally have not one ounce of talent -- (and I am a hunt-and-peck, old macdonald had a farm, tone-deaf, piano playing genius) -- and there's always a new contest touting the next big star. To the wall with that already!!
But I'd heard "Free" on the radio plenty of times and it started to rub off on me. Admittedly, I can't and DON'T keep up with the roster these shows turn out -- Tarralyn Ramsey, Fantasia, Diana, Tamyra....heard one ya heard 'em all (see my post on bleeding ears ), but this song "Free" touched a chord. I felt compelled to look into her a little more, come to find out, I want HER life LOL For real, although I have no aspirations to be a singer, I am more of the pundit type anyhow, the whole housewife thing appeals to me. Talk about FREE!!
People ask me what I want to do, and especially in interviews, I physically have to stop myself from saying: "get married and knocked up." It doesn't really sound, um, professional, although I know parents that would argue with you on the "professionalism" of the job. But I long for that freedom - me, building my world, raising my family, showing and giving love, having all the time to appreciate the goodness in life. Restoring my smile and my spirit. Free....yea!!
Reminds me of the lyrics of one my faves, Jilly from Philly, who's first CD literally changed my life, who makes ya wanna live ya life like its golden. Livin' my life like its golden, golden, golden, golden, golden, golden...
7.14.2004
Free
Posted by sj-the-infamous at 14.7.04
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment