*waving*That's a big hello to all the fans of "my husband,"
Idris Elba. Yes, my traffic has SPIKED because of searches for him online. The man is
fine.
God's gift to women, if you ask me. And yes, I have declared him "
my husband" -- he just don't know it yet. But
you try to claim him --
you might get cut...Ha ha.

Quieres mas? Go see him in
"The Gospel." Came out this weekend -- top 5 in box office receipts. Wanna know something? That was my very.first.time seeing him "work." I haven't seen "
Sometimes in April," yet, and I just got season 1 of "
The Wire" from
Netflix. So our first time together was, as they say...a religious experience. Ha ha. Honestly, that country-southern-american twang thing he was trying to work was laughable, but he could talk to me ANYTIME in that British accent. Talk about a "
Yes, Lawd" moment....whew! Can't wait to see him on the tele and big screen in future projects. So thanks y'all for stopping by on your search for him -- stay a while, see what else you can learn ~grinz~
I admit, I don't go out much -- I'm honestly over the club scene, but I do like to shake it fast. Always have, I LOVE to dance. Especially to ol' skool and classic soul. So, normally, something like
Old School Saturdays would appeal to me and leave me emotionally and physically spent. I went this past weekend, even caught up with
Pammie, and it's always a joy to hang out with her and "Janet," but O.S.S. sucked royally this time, because the damn DJ would not shut the hell up! His mixing skills were pretty whack and he had something to say over every.damn.song.
Shut the hell up and let the music play already, damn! The last time I went, my only issue was they didn't play enough 70s for my taste, and I can't say this time they did much better, but if the damn DJ would shut.the.hell.up, at least we could hear and dance to what he did spin. I'm fond of saying
"2 strikes, won't be a 3rd" so O.S.S. clearly has one, with one to give. But I'm gonna need convincing nonetheless. Maybe if somebody is in town....we shall see.
What the DJ
did spin, representing the W-E-S-T C-O-A-S-T, was a Dr. Dre and Snoop classic,
"Bitches Ain't Shit" that took me back to some nonsense that went down in college. I don't believe I have heard that song since then, some 12-13 years ago. He also played some
AMG which brought back two specific memories:
1) spring break in Atlanta my freshman year, and;
2) Sunday nights spent cruising on Crenshaw,
but those are stories best left as
memories. So the initial thoughts that came back were over some nonsense involving a dude and my girls. It's ALWAYS a dude, ain't it? But yea, I thought back to how, yanno, when you first start college, your clique is
deep -- 6 to 12 and then some. Always a shit load of women, and after freshman year, it dwindles -- personality conflicts, pledging, dropouts, and of course, men. Sure enough come sophmore year, the first "split" ensued, over a man. The details are unimportant, but what I do recall is how we used to blast that song and sing it aloud whenever we talked about that "situation."
"Bitches ain't shit, but hoes and tricks...." blah blah blah. I hadn't thought about that "situation" or that song in such a long time, but hearing it brought all those memories back. And then I was confronted with my own "
Bitches Ain't Shit" moment, right there at O.S.S.
I believe that all women have a sense that tells them when another woman has sampled her man's goods. Women, say you and your other half are at a party having a good time, and another woman, unknown to you, walks up and talks to your man. They obviously know each other, but there's a different vibe present if they've slept together, one that you can pick up, that isn't there if their interactions have always been platonic or business-oriented. If jealousy or insecurity tends to cloud your judgement, this doesn't apply to you, but otherwise, women can tell. So that said, I try to be careful about interactions with men I've "dated" if I see them in public with another woman. I don't know the particulars of their relationship and sometimes it is best to acknowledge from afar. But to acknowledge at all?
That was the question swirling through my mind at O.S.S. when I spotted the "Good Rev. Dr" with his current object of affection. Who even knew he was in Atlanta? We last ran into each other at Ozio's last fall, right before I moved south, and I thought he said he was getting married. But neither of them were wearing noticeable rings. They seemed to be having a great time together, with their friends, and the more I thought about it, there was no need for me to get off the dance floor and greet him, her, their friends, so she could have her "Bitches Ain't Shit" moment about me. Been there, done that and there was no need for him to even know I was there. I just smiled to myself about the coincidence of us both being there, and turned to more pressing concerns -- like getting the brotha I was dancing with off.my.azz. I needed space to move LOLOL
Anyhoo, I've just popped "
The Wire" into my DVD. My afternoon will be spent with "my husband" Ha ha ha!
..::More to Come::..
[Song of the Day: "Higher" by Cruna]
2 comments:
I think we need to contact HBO because there are going to be several on the 'ticket' for Idris' affection!!!
If I had of known - I would have electric slided your ass of the dance floor, ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
I guess we'll all be going at it!
OMG! he is tooooooooooooo fionne! and in Gospel...JEEEEEEEZUS!
Post a Comment