'Tiz October now and I wanted to start off this month reviewing a lil' about the past and revealing some about the present. This woulda been the first post of the month, but I had to salute August Wilson and share my Wattstax WTF? moment. All in all, Wattstax was good, but the running commentary was *eyebrow raising*....yea, eyebrow raising LMAO That said, here's the meme I meant to get up a couple days ago. Learn something....
[ten years ago]
This was 1995...
My boss was going to prison, both our district and congressional offices were downsized, and I knew more/saw more than I ever needed to, just thank GOD I never got subpoenaed. I got my "internship credit" without having to even show up. At that time, that is all that mattered. Sista had to graduate. Capitol Hill wouldn't be in MY future, but the antics of the CBC were all in my past. I really do miss my 419 CHOB office familia....
[five years ago]
2000...
F*cking the "Good Rev. Dr." was making me miserable, so my online dating adventures began. I'm not afraid to admit my first, yea, he turned me out. "Mr. Baltimore." Whew lawd...looking like Aaron Hall's twin. I definitely walked away from that "relationship" a brand-new woman. And I do thank him for that. Chapter and Book CLOSED.
[one year ago]
[ten years ago]
This was 1995...
My boss was going to prison, both our district and congressional offices were downsized, and I knew more/saw more than I ever needed to, just thank GOD I never got subpoenaed. I got my "internship credit" without having to even show up. At that time, that is all that mattered. Sista had to graduate. Capitol Hill wouldn't be in MY future, but the antics of the CBC were all in my past. I really do miss my 419 CHOB office familia....
[five years ago]
2000...
F*cking the "Good Rev. Dr." was making me miserable, so my online dating adventures began. I'm not afraid to admit my first, yea, he turned me out. "Mr. Baltimore." Whew lawd...looking like Aaron Hall's twin. I definitely walked away from that "relationship" a brand-new woman. And I do thank him for that. Chapter and Book CLOSED.
[one year ago]
2004
Craigslist became my best friend when it sold all my furniture in prep for my move! Easy as pie and I was ATL-bound fo' sho!
[yesterday]
While watching 30 Years to Life, I realized people stress too much about age. I find that life gets better as I get older. 30 plus, truly, has been about defining my life, my legacy -- I'm ready for 32 and beyond now!
[today]
Mommie said she "heard" me. We're making progress on our understanding.
[tomorrow]
Is another day...
[five snacks I enjoy]
1 - Popcorn and Snickers, together
2 - Cheetos
3 - French Vanilla granola from Whole Foods
4 - Frozen grapes
5 - Baby carrots
[five bands/singers that I know the lyrics of MOST of their songs]
1 - Tony Toni Tone
2 - Zhane
3 - New Edition
4 - Anita Baker
5 - Jill Scott
[things I would do with $100,000,000:]
1 - Housing!
2 - Tithing!
3 - Traveling!
4 - Saving!
5 - Did I say Traveling?!
[five locations I'd like to run away to]
1 - South Africa
2 - Dominican Republic
3 - Hawaii
4 - From the Bay Area north...the Pac NW
5 - My new favorite spot, Santa Barbara, CA
[five bad habits I have]
1 - Procrastination
2 - Scratching my skin
3 - Paying myself last
4 - Skipping meals
5 - Staying up waaaay past my bedtime
[five things I like doing]
1 - Learning
2 - Traveling
3 - Being outdoors
4 - People watching
5 - Dancing
[five things I would never wear]
1 - White shoes (except sneakers)
2 - Mink/Fur
3 - A weave
4 - Fake toenails/tips
5 - TBD cuz one really never knows!
[five TV shows I like]
1 - Wild'n Out
2 - Coupling (BBC) (seasons 1-3, cuz Jeff is my favorite character ever!)
3 - Boston Legal
4 - West Wing
5 - The Amazing Race
[five movies I like]
1 - love jones
2 - Lackawanna Blues
3 - Like Water for Chocolate
4 - Love Actually
5 - Love Affair
[five famous people I'd like to meet]
1 - Idris Elba
2 - ""
3 - ""
4 - ""
5 - ""...you get the point
[five biggest joys at the moment]
1 - Free time
2 - The lil people
3 - Mis amig@s
4 - Music
5 - WHUR online
[five favorite toys]
1 - The ride
Craigslist became my best friend when it sold all my furniture in prep for my move! Easy as pie and I was ATL-bound fo' sho!
[yesterday]
While watching 30 Years to Life, I realized people stress too much about age. I find that life gets better as I get older. 30 plus, truly, has been about defining my life, my legacy -- I'm ready for 32 and beyond now!
[today]
Mommie said she "heard" me. We're making progress on our understanding.
[tomorrow]
Is another day...
[five snacks I enjoy]
1 - Popcorn and Snickers, together
2 - Cheetos
3 - French Vanilla granola from Whole Foods
4 - Frozen grapes
5 - Baby carrots
[five bands/singers that I know the lyrics of MOST of their songs]
1 - Tony Toni Tone
2 - Zhane
3 - New Edition
4 - Anita Baker
5 - Jill Scott
[things I would do with $100,000,000:]
1 - Housing!
2 - Tithing!
3 - Traveling!
4 - Saving!
5 - Did I say Traveling?!
[five locations I'd like to run away to]
1 - South Africa
2 - Dominican Republic
3 - Hawaii
4 - From the Bay Area north...the Pac NW
5 - My new favorite spot, Santa Barbara, CA
[five bad habits I have]
1 - Procrastination
2 - Scratching my skin
3 - Paying myself last
4 - Skipping meals
5 - Staying up waaaay past my bedtime
[five things I like doing]
1 - Learning
2 - Traveling
3 - Being outdoors
4 - People watching
5 - Dancing
[five things I would never wear]
1 - White shoes (except sneakers)
2 - Mink/Fur
3 - A weave
4 - Fake toenails/tips
5 - TBD cuz one really never knows!
[five TV shows I like]
1 - Wild'n Out
2 - Coupling (BBC) (seasons 1-3, cuz Jeff is my favorite character ever!)
3 - Boston Legal
4 - West Wing
5 - The Amazing Race
[five movies I like]
1 - love jones
2 - Lackawanna Blues
3 - Like Water for Chocolate
4 - Love Actually
5 - Love Affair
[five famous people I'd like to meet]
1 - Idris Elba
2 - ""
3 - ""
4 - ""
5 - ""...you get the point
[five biggest joys at the moment]
1 - Free time
2 - The lil people
3 - Mis amig@s
4 - Music
5 - WHUR online
[five favorite toys]
1 - The ride
..::More to Come::..

2 comments:
I saw the movie 30 to Life a few weeks ago. I wondered if folks really stressed out that much about age. Of course, I'm 26 and folks call me old, but I don't find myself worrying to much about it at all. Maybe that will change at 30. I hope not...seems like that would suck.
Really cool blog. I enjoyed this post! Keep it up!
Post a Comment